back to article Online mutterings foretell iPad Mini on October 23

Rumours about the new iPad Mini have fixed the date for its launch on October 23rd, which would put the miniature slab in stores in time for Christmas. Mutterings had previously set the mini-tablet launch as sometime in October: and AllThingsD and Apple Insider are betting on 23rd October as the day. The other touted date - …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JDX Gold badge

Stop posting apple rumours/advertising

I don't mind myself but it might save us from 10 angry frothing rants. to get it out of the way.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Stop posting apple rumours/advertising

But now you'll just get frothing rants asking why you read the article if you thought it was a rumour and if the prospect of the comments that might follow was too much to bear, why you then had a look at the comments.

I don't mind my myself, but I'm posting this so others don't have to...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Stop posting apple rumours/advertising

I dunno about anyone else but I read the article to see why the rumoured announcement date has slipped from the 17th to the 23rd.

Perhaps Apple have hired Harold Camping (who is know for his poor ability with dates)?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

If true

This is a deliberate attempt to spike Microsoft Surface sales as Apple could have announced both when the iPhone 5 was released.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

YEEPPIIIEEE - I wonder if in 6 months time Apple will claim to have invented this 'magical' size of tablet and then start to sue everyone who sells 7" tables because they of their own wonderfulness at inventing rectangles with rounded corners!

3. ratfox
    Joke

Yes, but was this reported by inside sources that have been reliable in the past??

If you don't tell us that, how do we know whether we should believe it or not??

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: Yes, but was this reported by inside sources that have been reliable in the past??

It was a man that works down the chip shop.

He also swears he's Elvis

4. ArmanX
    Joke

Now, is it going to be called the iPad Mini?

I thought it was going to be called the iPod Maxi...

1. Zebidee
      Joke

Re: Now, is it going to be called the iPad Mini?

iPod Maxi?? sounds like a musical sanitary towel.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Big questions..

Will it comes with the shit maps?

Will it come with the connector that makes you buy everything again?

Will it come with the shitty camera with purple spots?

Will it come with green-screen mode that takes a while to warm up?

Will it come locked to iTunes and nasty DRM?

Will it need it own mini-apps?

Will it be the cheaper than the almost certainly superior Nexus7?

All questions that need answering.....

1. Paw Bokenfohr

Re: Big questions..

Will it comes with the shit maps?

- yes, but they will get better, and you can always use one of the many alternates available in the mean time or long term if you like (just like with the iPad and iPhone).

Will it come with the connector that makes you buy everything again?

- it will have Lightning, yes, but whether you have to buy things again depends on what you have and what you want of course.

Will it come with the shitty camera with purple spots?

- no.

Will it come with green-screen mode that takes a while to warm up?

- no.

Will it come locked to iTunes and nasty DRM?

- no, and no (just as iPad and iPhone aren't and haven't been since iOS5).

Will it need it own mini-apps?

- no.

Will it be the cheaper than the almost certainly superior Nexus7?

- no.

All questions that need answering.....

- there you go, happy to oblige.

6. This post has been deleted by its author

7. DEAD4EVER

ipad mini

playing catch up thats all it is dont want one anyway if i did want a tablet id probably go for a nexus 7 hahaha

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yes please...

The more competition the better - it means I'll have a fair bit of choice.

Nexus 7 would be my first choice.

Kindle Fire, assuming an effective Jail Break turns into other than a cash cow for Amazon, second

iPad mini - for the missus, who, despite my best efforts, is a raving apple fan-girl

Xmas is the reason I can justify shelling out up to £200 on a tablet.

However, I seriously doubt the mini will break the £200 mark.

The cheapest iPad 3 is £399, so I'm betting that the iPad mini - should it materialise - will start at £299

It's not Apples style to compete on price point - especially as they have the lions share of the tablet market already. They also threaten sales to their massively popular iPod range, starting at £249, if they price the iPad mini the same or lower.

To be honest, I'm surprised at these rumours - it does, now, seem like they are based on fact.

Is this Apple simply trying to fend off the rise of cheaper, smaller form factor tablets, to keep their dominant position?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Please can everyone stop being rude about Apple and their customers

And please can everyone stop guessing about their latest product? Apple will tell us all we need to know, when we need to know it. Until then, I must ask the internet for silence and decorum.

10. Timbo
    Coat

Yet another trade mark case on the horizon ?

Given that BMW own the "Mini" trademark, how will Apple cope with loads of German lawyers itching to grab a share of the spotlight ?

Maybe they've already been to Cuportino hence why Apple didn't call the New iPad the "Series 3"..... ??

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like