back to article Stick punters' mugs on e-banking pages, that'll end fraud - Schneier

Cryptography guru Bruce Schneier called for more creative thinking and a broader perspective as a means to tackle security problems. For example, the music industry, faced with an explosion in online file-sharing, hired security pros to develop anti-piracy measures, such as digital rights management technology. But these …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. g e
    FAIL

WTF? Seriously?

He really thinks online criminals will care?

Instead if a crim knows where you live (if your banking has 'change my details' such as name & address, then they would also be able to identify you coming out of your house.

Epic Fail.

1. dotdavid
      Thumb Up

Re: WTF? Seriously?

Indeed. Because muggers always try not to look at the faces of those they mug, for fear of a crippling wave of remorse and guilt afflicting them.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

OTOH

If you were silly enough to click on a phishing link, the absence of your photo, or the wrong photo might give you a clue...

At least until the phishing scams start inviting you to confirm your photo....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: OTOH

but I already have a picture of a random object on mine and a phrase... and if either is missing I'm being done, and that's between the account and password pages...

1. Michael Hutchinson
        Thumb Down

Re: OTOH

If it's between the account and password pages, then what is stopping the crims from finding out what your picture & phrase are?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like