back to article Foxconn denies factory labor strike reports

Foxconn has denied reports that a mass strike last week shut down its Zhengzhou, China factory, one of two Chinese plants where the Taiwanese manufacturing giant assembles Apple's latest iPhone. On Friday, New York–based labor rights group China Labor Watch had claimed that as many as 4,000 workers had walked off the job at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There are a lot of twitchy Fanbois waiting for their per-orders...........

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

My name is Yi, we are on strike.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lines of waiting customers outside Apple stores were shocked today when a strike at Foxconn was announced. The Chinese manufacturer of all things iPhone had made no comment at press time. Emergency Services responded when rumours of a take-away curry strike spread in the long lines causing heart palpitations and light headedness.

"I can wait a little longer for my shiny iPhone," said Dorothy Milligan or Stover Hill. "But I can't do without my nightly curry while in-line."

3. Ole Juul
    Coat

Denial

I deny that Foxconn has denied reports.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They've also denied...

...using under age children and physically and verbally abusing employees - which have all been proven true.

5. The Alpha Klutz
    Megaphone

THEY TAKE YOUR DNA AND MONITOR YOUR PERFORMANCE FOR 6 MONTHS

top performers are cloned. all clones aree recycled every 6 months. all human employees are terminated at 6 months. clones and humans have to compete and verbally abuse eachother.

6. Martin Huizing
    Big Brother

“China's state-run Xinhua news agency"

It's good you mentioned it is state-run so people can point and laugh at what ever comes next.

1. Gannon (J.) Dick
      Happy

Re: “China's state-run Xinhua news agency"

One hopes that El Reg will show the same level of sensitivity for its readers with the News-Run State Agencies we have in the US and Europe.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hon Hai said that the conflicts arose because of "an emotional standoff" between the two groups, but claimed that managers took immediate steps to resolve the problem.

"After we addressed the issues, people on the day shift resumed work, and there was basically no impact on the production lines," the statement said.

Translation: We beat the complaining employees with a stick before stripping them naked and kicking them out of the factory to set an example. All people who went on stroke were fired immediately, meaning that no, they weren't on strike as they weren't under our employ at the time.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like