back to article iPad Mini pics spied on Twitter

We don’t who Sonny Dickson is - a “tech enthusiast” and “9to5Mac researcher”, apparently - but he’s just posted a small set of iPad Mini pictures on his Twitter feed. Alas, there isn’t a shot of the device working, so the unit on his desk may simply by one of the many mock-ups that have been doing the rounds of late. Certainly …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Big_Ted
    Thumb Down

meh

new ipod maxi

yawn

1. Shagbag

I am, like all other fruity fanbois...

...creaming in my jeans.

I've drained my spuds many times over the prospect of being able to spend £££s on yet another brushed aluminium (aluminum?) product to rub against my bell-end.

1. Chris Parsons

Re: I am, like all other fruity fanbois...

Downvoted for vulgarity and unappealing imagery.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Believe the Hype

The Hype says this will be unveiled on the 17th October.

The Hype says invites for the event will be issued on the 10th October.

Today is the 9th.

Taking bets now on this story holding any water.....................

3. ItsNotMe
      WTF?

Hey...if it is from Twitter...

...then it HAS to be true! Everyone knows Twitter is a reliable source. Don't they?

2. Kevin Johnston

What?

I don't get it, I really hope that is a mock-up. Much as I 'meh' Apple these days, if they have gone to the trouble (or put their loyal customer base to the trouble) of a new smaller connector which forces adapting old accessories, then why the hell does it not feature on the iMini....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What?

But.....hang on.....erm....what?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What?

It does feature on this device, be it Mini or mock-up. The larger device is an older big iPad with old-style connector. Look again.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Great. Another Apple product to ignore.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

You obviously need more practice at ignoring, since you posted. A few more iPad Mini rumour articles and you should have the hang if it. You can do it!

1. BorkedAgain
        Thumb Up

...A few more iPad Mini rumour articles and you should have the hang if it...

Fortunately for you, El Reg is certain to provide you with plenty of fodder. Happy practising!

4. Electric Panda

Looks small and quite sleek, but you bet your life the price of the thing won't follow suit.

5. eSeM

16:9

Looks like they may finally have got the shape right ....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 16:9

Right for videos. But yeah, if the whole point of a smaller form factor is make it fit in coat pockets, and the limiting dimension is width not height, then a 16:9 makes more sense than the screen ratio of the existing iPad.

I don't enjoy reading websites on low resolution 16:9 netbooks, but on a device that can be rotated through 90º its okay.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

so is the screen so ugly ...

that we can't see it? Nice one sonny :-P

7. Jon Pain
    Megaphone

Sound Holes

Look at the speaker grill, mainly on the top picture. There is a slight reflection over it, and also compare it to that in the bigger iPad below.

It just doesn't look like actual holes to me, just an image on the case.

Anyone else see it?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mini

It needs to be circular, not rectangular.

Or maybe, hexagonal - that would loook cool!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This is how big the iPhone 5 should have been to tempt some of those massive screen loving Samsung users.

1. BorkedAgain
      Happy

Aha ha ha ha!

You're a funny, funny person! I bet everyone says so, don't they? All your friend?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I would never have guessed

I looks like a regular iPad, but smaller!

11. ukgnome
    Meh

I'm only interested if it's apple crumble.

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Apple crumble's no good, unless there is custard. Apple crumble + custard = food of the Gods!

12. Bluenose
    Happy

A Kindle...

by any other name should be so sweet

(to misquote and bastardize Shakespeare) which is what Apple has done to the Etch a Sketch.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anyone care?

I mean the 32GB Nexus7 is coming at £199 in the next couple of weeks, and the 16GB and 8GB Nexus7's will be dropping in price accordingly..

All of them better and cheaper than this Apple shite.

14. Andy Farley

The edge

looks rounded, rather than curved as in the iPad, IOW the edge will go out, then come in to the glass.

Seems...crap. The large iPad (maxi-pad?) is nicely designed and the edge of it is one of the most signature bit. Seems an odd thing to change.

Still, I reckon they'll fly off the shelves.

15. Justice
    Paris Hilton

Meh!

Who cares?

Paris because only the brain dead will buy one.

1. the-it-slayer

Re: Meh!

...or people who want a tablet that is just above 7 inches and not cursed with that awful fandroid stuff. even as an iPhone/iPad/iMac owner, it's the worst thing Apple have done to concede into a form factor that doesn't work.

16. John 104

A standard port?

is that a standard USB mini or micro i see on the bottom?

1. ThomH

Re: A standard port?

Sadly not. It's one of Apple's new lightning ports. They're technically better because the meaning of the pins is configured by a chip in the cable, allowing it to support arbitrary connectors at the other end, but practically worse than a micro-USB or traditional iPod dock connector as an example of the usual arguments against proprietary ports.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: A standard port?

Micro USB - have you been sleeping - it's a lightning port - basically what micro USB wishes it was - about the same size but more rugged and you can plug it in either way up (nice).

17. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

Lightning Port

either the connector isn't plugged in properly or the connector looks a bad fit for the port..... hmmm maybe it _IS_ genuine!

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I need more hands - Macbook, iPad (regular size), iPhone and now this...

19. Mort
    Meh

But what are they calling it?

"iPad", then "iPad2", then "New iPad". The printing on the back of the mini just says iPad without seeming to differentiate it by name.

Will it be the "Newish iPad", or maybe it should be all lower case "ipad" coz, you know, it's smaller.

1. Lunatik

Re: But what are they calling it?

The back of all iDevices have simply had the vanilla name, no sub-branding or version number, hence the mini iPad will have 'iPad' on the back if that is what the device is called.

20. Egons Proton Pack

I'll wait

I'll wait till it's been released and I can have a look before making a judgement.

I have an IPAD 2 and a cheapo bluetooth keyboard and I use it daily, It works for the things I wish to do on it.

(Although the battery life seems to have decreased since IOS 6 which can be annoying)

The change of dock connector though is annoying.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like