back to article Red Hat launches community contest to rename JBoss

Red Hat says its JBoss Enterprise Application Platform has evolved to embrace far more than just Java, and to reflect this, it has launched a contest to rename the JBoss Application Server (JBossAS) to something more in line with its current vision of multi-language programming. In a blog post on Monday, Red Hat Senior …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Might as well...

Go ahead and nominate Marblecake, to get it over with.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The innocence of Java

If brand awareness is the issue, they could rename it "Mohammed". That always seems good for generating plenty of publicity.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I suggest 'PointLess'

Because it is.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bruce

He is the BOSS after all

1. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Re: Bruce

That would also avoid confusion, at least among Australian philosophers who use J2EE.

5. Steve Button Silver badge
    Happy

JEAP?

a

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What about...

MultiBOSS, BigBOSS, TheBOSS... ohhhhh the fun we could have.

7. Unep Eurobats
    Flame

If the J is the problem...

... then it's got to be just Boss. Like the AC said above, this paves the way for endless Springsteen references.

The flames, because I'm On Fire.

8. Ben Holmes
    Happy

I'll just leave this here...

These are the Cubans, baby. This is the Cohibas, the Montecristos. This is a kinetic-kill, side-winder vehicle with a secondary cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine RDX burst. It's capable of busting a bunker under the bunker you just busted. If it were any smarter, it'd write a book, a book that would make Ulysses look like it was written in crayon. It would read it to you. This is my Eiffel Tower. This is my Rachmaninoff's Third. My Pieta. It's completely elegant, it's bafflingly beautiful, and it's capable of reducing the population of any standing structure to zero. I call it "The Ex-Wife."

9. PAT MCCLUNG

Clerk

How about, JAMODI? (just about the most disgusting thing imaginable)

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Like-a-Boss!

11. jukejoint
    Paris Hilton

wow - firstly...

to the one yclept 'Ben Holmes' : How sucketh must it to be thee, verily. Hie thee off this forum! Or stay according to thy will, sire.

Secondly, why not call it Babel, as in, Tower of? So many folks with buying power loves that old time religion.

or

Babel Away Dollars Application Server System (BADASS). Gives it a bit of edge.

Unbelievable that people spend the only life trying to chase more more more. How empty inside is Larry Ellison by the way? Empty as Paris? Emptier.

12. YARR
    Coat

Something completely different...

Platform for Launching Enterprise Bytecode Images Across Networked Servers (P.L.E.B.I.A.N.S.) anyone?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like