back to article Russian officials: No threat from yellow snow

A mysterious fall of yellow snow in the Omsk region of Siberia has had locals worried, but officials says it is not toxic. The snow has been described as having a "distinctive smell", and being yellow "with oily marks". The Russian media has speculated that the snow fall could have been caused by a chemical accident in Siberia …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mike Bunyan

Nothing new

Frank Zappa commented on the necessity of avoiding yellow snow.

www.lyricsfreak.com/f/frank+zappa/dont+eat+the+yellow+snow_20056563.html

Maybe the gods have decided to **** on us in order to gain more attention to themselves.

I gather from MetOffice that snow is due to fall in England this week. What colour would we wish for?

2. Greg Nelson

Don't You eat that yellow snow

For the uninitiated in the history of the meme...

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow"

are Frank Zappa lyrics. I believe the title of the song is..."don't you eat that yellow snow", or some such thing. No matter your generational bias listening to the Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention albums is a good thing. Characterizing Frank Zappa as an iconoclastic rock star is as weak as saying Lenny Bruce was a stand up comedian. Both were heavy artillery barrages pounding on the American Dream.

3. Espen Odegaard

Quite unnatural

Snow that is produced from snow cannons - and hence with a very short crystalization periode which does not allow for the nice, fully developed hexagonal filigrance - may have a tint of yellow to it.

I guess similar circumstances of short crystalization periode may also sometimes appear in nature.

This topic is closed for new posts.