back to article Zombies are attacking America – researchers

Hackers responsible for an ongoing series of attacks against US banks over the past week may be tapping into botnets to power their assaults, according to security researchers. Meanwhile, the Financial Services ISAC (Information Sharing and Analysis Center) continues to advise banks to be prepared for attack. Bank of America, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DragonKin37
    WTF?

Take the lowest guy in the Iran cyber totem poll

Gholam Reza Jalali, the head of Iran’s Passive Defense Organization

*********************and give him his 15 min of fame!

1. LarsG
      Meh

There's so

There's so much hate about.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If I was someone of faith...

... I'd be embarrassed that other people of faith could be so insulted by something so outrageously amateurish: that they couldn't find the strength from within their faith to ignore this kind of trivial slight. Isn't that meant to be the point of faith of any sort?

There has to be more to this story than huge numbers of ignorant people around the globe being stoked up by second, third and fourth-hand stories. I mean, there has to be, right?

3. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
      Unhappy

Re: Live in fear

The actual religion that fundies latch onto is in fact irrelevant. If Islam were to magically disappear, they would just leech off another one. It is the extremists who distort the religion, not the other way round.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

4. JaitcH
    Thumb Down

Senator Joe Lieberman, the one guy ...

who is an expert on nothing utters more verbal garbage than any other US politician.

Roll on January, he's gone then.

5. Dan Paul
    Devil

Disconnect the Middle East from the Web

This only serves to further prove that we are ALL at war at least cybernetically with the Middle East.

It's time for the US to use that special submarine again and clip the telecom wires leading in and out of the entire Middle East.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Psst -- don't look now, but your ignorance is showing

"DDoS attacks for which hacker group the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Cyber Fighters took credit via a series of posts to PasteBin. The hacktivist group claimed its actions had been prompted by indignation over the Innocence of Muslims, an amateur anti-Islamic film whose trailer had appeared on YouTube."

In the real world, it's more like the Ignorance of Muslims who have no clue what it's like to live in a secular country. Here's a hint: we don't give a rat's ass about the "movie" or its stupid producer. Perhaps you could learn something from our example.

Anonymous, because I don't want some brain-dead extremist showing up on my doorstep....

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Time to do the Perp Walk

Hackers are fighting to stay at the Iron Bar Hotel indefinitely.

8. Mike Flugennock
    Go

"Independent US Senator Joe Lieberman"?

Independent US Senator Joe Lieberman? More like "crawling, loathsome, slime-sucking, Zionist stooge, in-Israel's-hip-pocket US Senator Joe Lieberman..."

There, fixed it for ya.

But, seriously, folks... considering how US banks have treated US citizens lately -- not to mention how my bank has pissed on me personally -- all I can say is, go get 'em, Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Cyber Fighters! Pardon my having absolute zero sympathy for the banks. Or, not...

9. mark 63 Silver badge
    Thumb Up

fix your roof

"Trying to fix your roof when it's raining is not pleasant experience"

I like that. Its better version of the stable door / horse bolted saying

..or is that while the horse is still bolting.

..actually i think its what we refer to in my office as 'firefighting'

its another one for the armoury anyway. very graphic

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like