back to article HMRC becomes first gov tentacle to buy cloud through G-Cloud

HMRC has become the first government department to sign a cloud contract through the G-Cloud, the government's online IT services catalogue. Yesterday HMRC signed the contract with Skyscape Cloud to migrate all the tax collectors' data to the cloud over the next six months. It's one of the biggest contracts to be awarded …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"all the tax collectors' data"

Really? All of it? The whole bang shoot? Really?

2. J P

I so wish I could be watching this from the safety of a different tax jurisdiction...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"1. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES. The client must not use Skyscape’s service for any of the following "

"•cause annoyance to subscribers or others;"

Well the tax dept. is in breach of the Skyscape T&C from the get-go

4. taxman
    Big Brother

So that's what he's been up to!

So bye bye to FAPs and CAFs and no more back up tapes to be controlled.

First step to looking at consolidating and moving data centres to the 'Cloud'? (shudder!)

5. Robert Harrison
    Holmes

This is actually an efficiency saving

After all why expose just a partial data set by leaving a USB stick on a train/bus/back of a taxi. You won't even have to replace the lost one.

1. Ross K Silver badge
      Happy

Re: This is actually an efficiency saving

Just don't forget to stick a password like '1234' on it - just to give a casual nod toward the concept of data security.

6. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Unhappy

1) So when (not if) the whole thing goes tits-up will we all be fined for non-payment of taxes, even though we were unable to do so?

2) Does Skyscape Cloud have any US connections? If so I'm sure our 'friends' will be delighted to have access to all the country's finances.

1. gerryg
      Holmes

LMGTFY

http://www.skyscapecloud.com/about/the-skyscape-cloud-alliance

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like