back to article Instagram on iPhone 5: Now you can spoil even MORE snaps

Apple iPhone 5 owners can now ruin tint and enrich more photos in one go on their new mobes, thanks to the extra 18 per cent of screen space and an updated Instagram app. The photo-filter biz has just updated the user-interface in its software for Apple's mobile operating system iOS 6 and the iPhone 5. The 4-inch touchscreen …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ratfox
    WTF?

"live filters will be phased out as we work to improve the Instagram experience for all users"

How is it possible to parse that sentence in a way that make sense?? They are removing an option that many users liked

Is it that Facebook wants a chance to grab the picture before filters got applied?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

This Really Is Getting Tedious

Yet another iphone/Apple advert from The Register, hiding behind the now obvious and transparent device of a supposedly critical article.

Yawn.

1. Aaron Em

Some advert

It remains entirely beyond me why anyone would want a lovely sharp 8Mp camera to produce results which would embarrass a $5 Holga.

3. Si 1
    Big Brother

Where's the article rating feature gone?

Just curious but why has the ability to rate an article disappeared? Has it been disabled because it was being abused? I've noticed iOS/Android articles tend to be quite harshly rated if the author says something unpopular, even if there's nothing specifically incorrect or inaccurate to the journalism.

1. PassiveSmoking

Re: Where's the article rating feature gone?

They were probably getting downvoted because everyone was getting sick and tired of them. Which is fair enough, I certainly know I was.

2. Aaron Em

"Live article ratings will be phased out as we work to improve the El Reg experience for all users."

3. Aaron Em

Perhaps someone at Buzzard Central recognized the pointlessness of popularity contests. We can only hope that comment voting is next on the chopping block.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Devil

I wonder if Orlowski and Page were getting a little embarrassed.

4. Euchrid

If scrapping live filters is controversial...

why not lead the story with that?

5. Amorous Cowherder
    Pint

Instagram, does for photography what The Sun does for journalism!

6. Ian Johnston Silver badge
    Stop

"Going forward"

is a phrase which should trigger even the least sensitive bullshit detector.

7. John 62

Instagram would be cooler

if you didn't need an account.

I got instragram ages ago and liked it, but I don't see the need of the social stuff, so I didn't bother using it for ages and now I can't even remember my username and password. Maybe I should just get hipstamatic or something.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like