back to article Info-flinging service Nokia Life gets webby, gains a plus

Nokia has extended its Life Tools selection with Life+, a web-based addition to its advice-and-information-dispensing SMS service, reflecting just how widespread basic data services are these days. Nokia Life (as the service was renamed in February) uses SMS to deliver information in a wide variety of languages to what we're …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@author: a feature of the Symbian-based Asha handsets

There are no Symbian-based Asha handsets. The Ashas all use S40 which is *NOT* Symbian.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: @author: a feature of the Symbian-based Asha handsets

I have no idea why Reg authors continually think Asha phones run on Symbian. If we're confusing operating systems over similar graphic designs, I don't see why Asha phones can't be MeeGo based...

2. frank ly

Why not provide local language?

"... including China, Indonesia, and India. Life+ will be available in just those three, and only in English, ..."

Can many poor people in those countries read English? If you want to get people as future paying customers, I'd have thought a native language service would be the best way to get them to feel good about you.

3. N13L5
    Coffee/keyboard

calling india or china 'emerging societies' is hilarious, since they've been around longer than we have, at 4000+ Years. And just a few centuries ago, we were still in the habit of killing anyone who dared to claim the earth was round.

The arrogance...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like