back to article Halo Master Chief armour offered on eBay

Imagine how impressed your friends would be when you rock up to a fancy dress party dressed just like Master Chief Petty Officer John-117, in a Spartan combat suit. Oh yes. This dream can become a reality if you can afford to part with at least 850 of your hard-earned - plus £50 for postage within the UK. Check out this …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. bob_blah
    Gates Horns

He'll be needing that suit on

when Microsoft's lawyers come looking for their licence fee.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yawn TBH

Wake me up when they're doing HEV suits...

3. Eden

OMG - Airsoft ;)

OMG I want one :)

go airsofting a lot and I'd LOVE to rock up in this kit instead of my SO19 kit =p

4. Chris Morrison

Help!!

We're planning something special for halloween this year.

Anyone know where I can get a Bowser from Super Mario costume?

5. Johnny FireBlade
    Thumb Up

Is it CE approved?

I'd love to wear that riding my bike!

6. Marky W
    Alert

Cool! No, it's not. Yes it is. No it's not (ad infinitum)

I want this. But I can't think of a single place I could wear it without looking like a complete twat.

So I don't really want it at all.

But (deep down, tragically) I do. Maybe I could could just sit and play Halo wearing it. On my own. With the curtains drawn. Yes, that would work. I'd be a happy twat, but still a twat nonetheless.

I wonder if they do warthog bodykits for the fiesta....

7. Brian
    Thumb Up

Why so short?

I guess the sort of power that comes with a Spartan suit needs SOME sort of limitation?

I'm going to put MY brain into a robot alligator. And I'll have the strength of 10 gorillas!

8. Ian

Would rock...

...if it came with the standard rifle, but the SMG? No thanks!

You could wear it at work to convince users that they can in fact change their own ink cartridges or convince clients that signing that contract is a good idea!

9. Eden

@ Ian

You'd be supprised,

Last time I took my kit into work to go airsofting straight after, well, having an MP5 and a half dozen grenades on your desk seems to stop a lot of the stupid questions...and some of the good ones too.

10. Eduard Coli

Gawd help us, where's VERO when you need them?

nuff said above.

11. Aram
    Black Helicopters

Read / think more widely

This does *not* tie in well with another story from yesterday:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/13/mp3_gun_swoop

Nice to think about wearing it (and accessories) while out and about (although I agree - you could feel a bit of a prat), but it had better be bullet-proof!

Helicopters, because they're the quickest way to get an armed police response unit to your location.

12. Lupus

Wort wort wort!

Call me when they make an Elite range.

13. Luiz Abdala

Great Paintball suit

On the few places you wouldn´t look like a complete twat, is a paintball match. Plus you don´t need to paint it as the seller describes. Well, not a complete twat, but some people would still have a laugh at your expense... hehehe....

Hey, a motorcycle helmet made to look like that would be nice, and you could use it on a daily basis... if you own a bike...

14. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@ Marky W

You clearly haven't been at a sci-fi con.

Actually, you'd still look like a twat, but at least you'd have company.

15. Cameron Colley

Red vs Blue live action?

It's only a matter of time...

16. Johnny G
    Coat

Practical?

It doesn't look a very practical costume for competing on Master Chef...

17. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

@ Gawd help us, where's VERO when you need them?

Hmm, I don't know what you're referring to there, because in Finland, "Vero" is the national tax administration...

18. Morely Dotes

Waht one really needs...

...is 299 friends and costumes for all of us. Then we go to Athens as a group...

19. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Surely after what happened to that mechanic in Stoke...

... The SMG could be replaced with a black mp3 player? Cheaper, same effective risk of arrest if waving it around in the street.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

RIFs...

Wonder if this seller realises that he probably can't sell the SMG part to most of the population do to the VCRB?

21. Mike Hocker
    Coat

Needs a bigger codpiece...

... at least for some of us.

Please, the sparkly green cape that goes with my zoot suit.

22. Peter
    Flame

Ouch

One word..... Chafage!

23. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Fury of the Furries

"I want this. But I can't think of a single place I could wear it without looking like a complete twat."

I'm reminded of that US National Guardsman who called himself Optimus Prime - he didn't dress up as Optimus Prime, he just changed his name, and then he went to Iraq as a combat firefighter, as part of the (googles) 5694TH Tactical Crash Rescue Unit. So far he has not been killed, as far as I can tell. It would be horrible if he was killed.

I suppose the lesson is that if you have manly cojones and the right walk, you'll look good even dressed as as Halo's space marine. And that is why I pick Paris Hilton as my avatar.

24. Josh Cain

Master Chief Suit...correction

Sorry, typo...Halo2 not Halo3

25. Martin Owens

Some assembly?

I'm a modern consumerist, I want my body suite pre painted to order, pre sanded and damn well served to me on a gold platter which emits tons of CO2 to float towards me.

26. Josh Cain
    Boffin

Master chief suit...

That was one of a limited production run made by a company called Nightmare Armor Studios for the release of Halo3. It was features on the cover of a few gaming magazines prior to the release.

Here's a link to see some of their stuff:

http://www.nightmarearmorstudios.com/

Over all incredibly impressive work.

27. Brian
    Gates Horns

ewwwww

Wouldnt want to wear that after someone else ha, especially that codpiece mwah :D

28. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

not the first

seen these when first halo came out.

but so far this one has a nice quality.

29. Graham Lockley

Whut ?

'Imagine how impressed your friends would be when you rock up to a fancy dress party dressed just like the Master Chief Petty Officer John-117, in a Spartan combat suit.'

Imagine how quickly your odds of getting laid at the same party would vanish....

30. Maksim Rukov
    Coat

too short?

I thought the Master Chief was a tall bugger. Certainly more than 5'8". A little fellow couldn't pistol whip those big aliens, after all.

Mine's the one with optical camoflague... What do you mean you can't find it?

31. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Sci-fi con.

Most of the guys I've seen that go to sci-fi cons wouldn't be able to fit that suit. And I'm not talking about the height either.

Hey, maybe weight-watchers would be interested?

32. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@Graham Lockley, flawed...

'Imagine how quickly your odds of getting laid at the same party would vanish....'

You assume that the Halo player had a chance of a shag in the first place...

33. Dave Hayward
    Alert

@ Maksim

Read again chap. He said if you are plus 5'8'' the suit will NOT need modification. A la only shorties must suffer for wearing their Chief suit.

I'm sure he was at least 14 feet tall...

34. Chris Barrett
    Alert

Helmets

Does it come with the helmet, with perspex visor? If it is totally complete I want one for my towns New Years Eve festivities, where if you don't go in fancy dress people spray piss on you with water pistols.

35. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

Five foot four to five foot eight?

Bit of a shortarse, this Master Chief, then?

36. ZeroTheHero
    Go

@Marky W

Then you'll be needing one of these, a sander, lots of fibreglass and a tinwormed Range Rover/Disco - http://www.dakar4x4.me.uk/gallery/gallery.htm

37. Steve Foster
    Joke

Entrance Music

would presumably be "Halo to the Chief".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like