back to article Romanians plead guilty to credit card hack on US Subway shops

Two Romanian nationals who were extradited to the US in May have confessed their involvement in a $10m scam aimed at stealing credit and debit card data from payment terminals at hundreds of Subway restaurants and other merchants across the US, according to the United States Attorney's Office. Iulian Dolan, 28, of Craiova, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can't help but think that little Subway jingle, "Five dollar foot long...", is going to take on a whole new meaning when they're behind bars.

1. NukEvil
      Thumb Up

Why anonymous?

Don't be bashful. Step up! Claim your title to the throne of the internet.

It's in the stall next to the urinal.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
        Mushroom

Re: Why anonymous?

Can Anonymous please dox the tremendous faggot who makes up prison rape jokes as AC whenever an article about law enforcement comes up?

1. Anonymous Coward 15

Re: Why anonymous?

Not your personal army!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Five dollar foot long?

Ooh, matron.

2. Kubla Cant

The people at the back of the queue in Subway might be excused for thinking that somebody who gets out a credit card to pay for a sandwich probably deserves identity theft.

1. kain preacher

What about debit cards hun.

2. Crazy Operations Guy

Numerous reason to use credit cards

Quicker to use than cash

Easier to track my expenses each month

Builds up credit

Charges can be disputed

Can be expensed when using the company card

If my wallet gets stolen, I don't lose a cent

1. Tom 38

Re: Numerous reason to use credit cards

Paying with cash is instant, so I'm impressed that you can securely exchange credit card details faster than 'instantly'.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hang on...

Foreign nationals extradited to the US? There must be some sort of conspiracy, or disproportionate punishment here, why couldn't they be tried in their home country, etc. etc.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Hang on...

Interestingly, the article doesn't say whether or not they were in the US at the time of the offences.

They may have bunked off back to Romania when they learned that the game was afoot, so to speak.

4. Tom 38
    Unhappy

Subway should be convicted of sandwich fraud

Or maybe I'm just bitter that $5 footlong == £5 footlong.

1. Swarthy
      Happy

Re: Subway should be convicted of sandwich fraud

Then again, I could quite happily spend $5 on a 5lb hot pastrami & roast beef footlong.

5. Sebastian A
    Linux

Dolan pls...

Needs a dolan icon. :(

6. zen1

5 BPS for a footlong?

Jeezus, you guys are getting screwed. I mean Subway does in a pinch but just too damn much. Lordy how I hate (inter) national chain operations...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hack and go to prison

Some people never learn. They will in prison.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Guilty, because they didn't meet the 0 day exploits limit imposed by U.S. Government to hack others.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like