back to article Surrey council plans to SAVE money by switching to BT

Surrey county council has said that its Public Services Network (PSN) contract with BT will save more than £5m on its current networking arrangements. According to the council, the seven-year contract will replace up to 40 separate networks in Surrey and Berkshire with a single PSN. It expects savings of up to 20 per cent on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. AndrueC Silver badge
    Joke

BT cheaper than competition - another example of broken Britain :D

2. Chris Phillips

Unicorn???

a mythical creature in honour of mythical savings?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Unicorn???

Maybe Albatross would have been a better choice

3. Joseph Lord
    Facepalm

Never name your project after a mythical creature

It just sets up too many jokes especially if it doesn't go well.

4. Matthew 3

Shows a lack of effort on BT's part

BT should have been the driving force behind this kind of effort (rather than the county council).

If this kind of saving is possible from one county's services, yet still make a profit for those darn shareholders, BT should be shouting from the rooftops to every council and local authority in the land.

So should their rivals of course.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But basically

they are just swapping WAN outsourcer from Cable and Wireless to BT and hoping to get some other orgs to piggy back onto the deal.

6. GunstarCowboy
    FAIL

Nope.

Not going to happen. Title should be 'Surrey Council needs its collective head examining'.

Watch this one closely.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

'saving money'

'the deal could boost the county's economy by about £28m a year'. I love this kind of lefto-economics. Spending millions you've just taken out of the economy, minus public secotr management fee, to boost the economy.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Support provided by BT mahindra

I can see this working well.

9. adam payne

BT the cheapest, well I never.

1. Mike007

they never said BT was the cheapest, just that it is cheaper than what they currently have (so it's the second most expensive option)

10. LinkOfHyrule
    Paris Hilton

I live in Surrey but am originally from Berkshire - does that make me a unicorn too?

1. LinkOfHyrule
      Joke

...or just a dickhead ahahaha

11. Ascylto
    Big Brother

Surrey Council will save money by going with BT.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 23456 - Ha, ha, ha

They're moving from Clueless and Witless... Still laughing?

12. Adrian Montagu

PSN Madness

Why isn't top tier Government negotiatng with suppliers to utilise ONE firm for the whole of Public Services - Fire, Police, NHS, Local Government. This would make interconnectivity work so much better and drive down cost. Then STANDARDISE on a PKI to embrace all.

Build good foundations and the house will stand firm. Think LONG TERM.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like