back to article Journo bung probe cops cuff armed-forces bloke and wife

Met cops investigating allegations of corrupt payments to police and public officials arrested two suspects in Surrey this morning. A 32-year-old woman was cuffed at her home in Chertsey at 6am BST, and her 42-year-old husband - who is a serving member of the armed forces - was nabbed at a separate address in Camberley half an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bumpy Cat

Camberley?

That means Sandhurst. Someone is in big trouble.

1. Lord Voldemortgage

Re: Camberley?

That's what I thought. There are some areas where disloyalty is at the very top of the list of wrongs.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"disloyalty is at the very top of the list of wrongs"

If it is a Sandhurst based individual, I doubt that counts as at the very top. As for disloyalty, I don't think we're talking about defence secrets, merely passing tittle tattle to the red tops. Of course, there's every chance that a different sort of red top will now be wanting information from them.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

As for disloyalty, I don't think we're talking about defence secrets, merely passing tittle tattle to the red tops.

“If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend I hope I should have the guts to betray my country”.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"That means Sandhurst"

Maybe. Or any of the Aldershot cluster. Or commuting into Whitehall.

2. adam payne

Pick up book and throw.

3. Elmer Phud

Charges

Is anyone running a count of the total number charged from the various operations?

They are going to have to build a court with a conveyor belt.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Charges

Must be approaching thirty. Unfortunately the Evil Old Git In Chief looks likely to get away scot free, which seems par for the course in British "justice".

4. John G Imrie

Unfortunately the Evil Old Git In Chief looks likely to get away scot free

I guess that depends on what Rebecca knows and weather she thinks his pay off matches the prison time she gets

5. NomNomNom

i have nothing to say on this topic

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@NonNomNom

So it was you! Well done for finding a means of posting from your cell.

6. NorthernCoder
    Stop

Headline!?!

Who writes these headlines? Dick van Dyke's Bert in Mary Poppins, or any of Guy Ritchie's low-level criminals?

This topic is closed for new posts.