back to article Pirate Bay co-founder named in probe into Logica, tax office hacks

Gottfrid Svartholm Warg, a co-founder of download haven The Pirate Bay, is back in Sweden - and now faces allegations of playing a role in an attack on the country's taxmen and IT consultancy biz Logica. Warg was holed up in Cambodia when he was arrested on an international warrant obtained by Swedish officials and flown home …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why didn't he do an Assange?

He could have made out that if he was sent back to Sweden he would extradited to the US to be gang raped by the MPAA and RIAA and took a stay at "Hotel some random dictatorship embassy".

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Why didn't he do an Assange?

"He could have made out that [...rambling bollocks...] stay at "Hotel some random dictatorship embassy""

Please allow me to inform you that Ecuador is in fact a democratic presidential republic, same as e.g., the US and most other New World countries.

Their government may not always bow to the wishes of the US and every European government, but that does not make them any less legitimate, especially in the eyes of their own people.

2. JaitcH
      Meh

Re: Why didn't he do an Assange?

You obviously don't know Cambodia. International law doesn't mean too much when the US government is 'advising' the Cambodian government and given Biden's close relationship with the MPAA and RIAA. Cambodia is dependent on international charity.

Besides, Cambodian visas have to be renewed and, if refused, where could he go to - Thailand or VietNam?

Not ideal solutions. Of course he could have crossed into Thailand illegally, but his options would be just as bleak,

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't know about the other charges, but it's a slam dunk if they try him for bad facial hair:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/sep/11/cambodia-deports-pirate-bay-cofounder

Worst neckbeard I've ever seen.

1. Matt Williams

If he were in the UK his neckbeard would exceed the required standard necessary to qualify him for extradition to the US.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Headmaster

Title disfunction

"Pirate Bay co-founder fingered as taxman, Logica hacks suspect"

I think there is something wrong here.

The article raises the suspicion of the Pirate Bay co-founder as being a hacker, not a taxman.

There is no mention of Logica perpetrating any kind of hacking as far as I can see.

4. Anakin
    Facepalm

Many strange details in this.

http://torrentfreak.com/sweden-kidnapped-my-friend-pirate-bay-co-founder-anakata-120810/

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Do you know, I'm getting a little suspicious every time "Sweden" and "extradition" are in the same sentence.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

First he needs to serve his time in a Swedish prison...

...then they can prosecute him in Cambodia. Warg's poor choices are going to change his life forever. This should be a lesson to figitives who flee.

1. Dante

Re: First he needs to serve his time in a Swedish prison...

Why do people who fidget need to run away?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: First he needs to serve his time in a Swedish prison...

"Why do people who fidget need to run away?"

You have misread. It's not "fidgitives", it's "figitives". Referring, I presume, to people engaged in the bothering of figs which, although technically not illegal, I would not want to be caught doing. It's understandable that they would wish to flee.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How's that denial working now?

TPB boys were so in denial and it cost them their freedom and millions of dollars for being arseholes.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hope he spends a long long time in the showers...

It so pleases me when people who think they are above the law get their just rewards!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like