back to article Everything Everywhere 'to stuff Santa's sack' with 4G Lumia 920s

Industry sources expect mobile network Everything Everywhere to tie up an exclusive deal with Nokia's new flagship Lumia 920 phone - providing EE can make a volume commitment to the fallen Finnish giant. The FT reports today that discussions giving the merged Deutsche Telekom-France Telecom-owned operator an exclusive are …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. hplasm
    Meh

4G?

Oooh!

Lumia W8?

Oh...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why not?

If the Handset is 4G/LTE ready, whats wrong with that?

Whereas other makers will have to start incorporating these frequencies AND sheeple will have to buy them AND change networks to benefit from LTE, whats wrong in their approach in rushing LTE to the market.

Whats not to like about this arrangement?

Stop being so sarcastic, EL-Reg.

3. gautam

Sure

And yeah, we might be pleasntly surpised at this new offering with the LTE speeds and Hardware specs.

WIll make a refreshing change from I-snobs and Fandroids duopoly.

Will be called "Nokiastas" The word is now copyrighted.

4. The Original Steve

Nokia hardware, 4G, wireless charging, incredible camera, good screen. I personally like the WP platform, different from the rest and very user friendly.

I'm in.

5. Big_Ted

Couldn't care less.......

What OS it runs, all I want to know is does the phone work properly as a phone, is the camera great, hows browsing email etc, how fast is it changing between apps/browser/email etc.

On top of that price per month over the contract period including cost of phone.

From what I have read this phone would be great apart from windows 8 unless its much better than winphone 7.5 at switching and lack of multitasking etc.

At this time the only 2 that are acceptable to me are Android and if its as promised in the demos and up to the job blackberry 10/X.

6. DAN*tastik
    WTF?

"providing EE can make a volume commitment"

Are Nokia marketing monkeys so desperate they are now trying to sell their phones to deaf people?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "providing EE can make a volume commitment"

OK, I'll bite, you used the wrong icon didnt you? you meant to use the joke icon right?

Volume as in quantity not as in VOLUME

1. DAN*tastik
        Thumb Up

@ AC Re: "providing EE can make a volume commitment"

Yes. Correct. Well spotted :)

Double joke because I intentionally used the wrong icon. Beat that!

7. Tom 35
    Trollface

DId Santa

Run out of coal?

8. Joe Montana
    FAIL

4G

Any customers they attract, will be attracted to the 4G network rather than the handset... Although i'm sure some android handsets which support the 4G network will become available soon too.

1. h4rm0ny

Re: 4G

Not at all. I'm not too bothered by 4G right at the moment (it's something I want, but its one feature amongst many) but I really like the look of these devices. I'm unlikely to upgrade any time soon as I'm happy with my Lumia 710, but depending on what additional options come with W8 phones, I might get one. I want to be able to handle digitally signed / encrypted emails on my phone and I'd like to see what I can do in terms of VoIP on W8 as well.

2. Can't think of anything witty...
      Go

Re: 4G

From what i have heard, once people use WP7 they often like it. The main problem is getting them to try it in the first place - so if they are drawn in by 4G but stay because they like the experience then it could work out well for both Nokia and MS...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

4G? Reliable 3G would be a good start.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re android 4G

I bloody well hope so.

SWMBO has decreed her iphone 4 is not as good as my galaxy2 and is planning to upgrade when her contract runs out in 2 months. Given what she _really_ wants to do is stream movies, 4G would suit her down to the ground.

11. plrndl
    Linux

Rats

This is a new one - rats jumping ON a sinking ship.

12. Arctic fox
    Happy

This is going to be a very interesting Autumn. Nokia, Samsung and Apple all entering.........

............the ring at approximately the same time. EE are going to be offering the GSIII LTE and the Lumia 920. At the same time of course the iPhone5 will be coming out. I think it's time to get a few sixpacks, and some popcorn in.

http://everythingeverywhere.com/2012/09/11/everything-everywhere-launches-ee-a-new-company-a-new-network-a-new-brand/

13. DAN*tastik
    WTF?

"providing EE can make a volume commitment"

Are Nokia's marketing monkeys so desperate that they try to sell their phones to deaf people now?

14. Howard 2
    Childcatcher

Is it a really a good thing to provide the first devices on a new standard?

This article reminds me of the first device providers for Three when "3" was launched (NEC, Motorola, Sharp...). Look where they are now!

15. WellEndowed
    Megaphone

Luminas Weakest Link

The only major downside to the Nokia Lumina phone is the Windows operating system. We all know the history of windows - it's buggy, crashes and is prone to viruses. Since using Windows for the last 17 years I've spent huge chunks of my life fixing / tweaking Windows.

2 years ago I switched to a Macbook Pro and never spent a second fixing it and it simply works every time - with every piece of hardware, including audio equipment perfectly.

For this reason only I would certainly buy an iphone 5 instead. Not because it looks good or is trendy - simply because I know it will work flawlessly, update itself without hassle and I don't have to spend the valuable hours of my life tweaking it.

It's only a matter of time before the help forums for the Lumina operating system start filling up!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like