back to article 'GNOME people are in total denial about what their problem is'

This was the week when a total raving lunatic, or "nutjob" as he/she/they has come to be known, did their absolute best to extort a free Raspberry Pi from Foundation founder Eben Upton with a series of increasingly irate and always grammatically erroneous threats via IM. Things kicked off civilly enough, with "Steve" IM'ing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Renouf
    IT Angle

Maple Syrup?

Pah! Tate & Lyle Golden Syrup beats it hands down every time!

1. Richard 81

Re: Maple Syrup?

Only in terms of cost.

2. John H Woods Silver badge

Re: Maple Syrup?

You have never tasted real maple syrup.

As a committed antitheist, I am perfectly aware that the only weakness with my view that there is absolutely no divine being is that this stuff comes out of frickin trees!

2. Cyberspice
    Happy

A load of crêpes!

On my first US work visit the French guy took pity on me after i had suffered US food and brought in a load of crêpes one morning for a breakfast meeting. There was no maple syrup anywhere :-)

3. Graham Bartlett

*REAL* maple syrup

...is a thing of beauty. We had some Canadian friends for dinner once (and they tasted great barbecued! Ahem.) and they gave us some proper maple syrup, as extracted from Canadian maple trees. Lovely.

Unfortunately, what passes for "maple syrup" in the UK has approximately the same resemblance to actual maple syrup as strawberry Angel Delight has to actual strawberries.

1. naylorjs
      Coffee/keyboard

Re: *REAL* maple syrup

"We had some Canadian friends for dinner once (and they tasted great barbecued! Ahem."

You are Hannibal Lecter and I claim my £10, but not in person.

2. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
      Paris Hilton

When I'm in merkin-land I like to go to the IHOP, they have maple syrup in three different flavours, none of which taste like real maple syrup.

Paris, also know for her good taste

1. Aaron Em

Hard to find good maple syrup in the US, true. The stuff out of Maine and Vermont tends to be pretty reliable in my experience.

That said, why expect anything at IHOP to taste like anything good? Only reason I'd go there is if I felt my intestinal parasite load just wasn't up to snuff lately.

3. Nasty Nick
      Stop

Hey! I resent that unwarranted knocking of Angel Delight. I was very fond of butterscotch flavour. Even as a ten year old I wasn't dim enough to think there were any strawberries in the strawberry flavour. Well, not once I'd tasted it anyhow..

1. Rampant Spaniel

Leave angel delight alone! :-) It's not fancy, its probably not very healthy but it has a special place in many of our hearts lol

IHOP's syrups are indeed trash, but their omlettes are passable so all is not lost when the family forget it is a dictatorship and outvote me. It all rather pales next to a proper breakfast (fryup).

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Burglarized"

That one always gets me. What a ridiculous word!

Today I am managerizing a project to developerize a web application which will help people who are looking for someone to plumberize their central heating system or electricianize their wiring.

Later I will visit a restaurant where someone will chefize some top-quality food for me.

Tomorrow I am going to Southport Air Show to admire the pilotizing skills of the Red Arrows.

Seriously, what was that Webster guy smoking?

1. Miek
      Headmaster

Re: "Burglarized"

Yes, creating words because you don't know that one already exists. I have also seen such beauties as "Man murdered to death!" -- Fox news of course.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"Man murdered to death!"

There's nothing wrong with that! I KEEL YOU! I KEEL YOU TO DEATH! (that's worse!)

Good ol' Achmed...

2. PyLETS
        Headmaster

Bit like commented and commenter. Which were perfectly fit for purpose until the more aggrandised "commentated" and "commentators" came along.

2. foo_bar_baz
      Devil

I love that word, it conjures such vivid imagery. Yes it's comical, almost Dickensian. A plodding plumber plumbs, a bumbling burglar burgles. The master cat thieves - pinkpantherish tiptoe gait, darting eyes, glinting grin - those that practice the art of burglary. They burglarize. Yes they do.

3. Anonymous C0ward

It's a perfectly cromulent word. See also "fraudulate"

4. Bucky 2

It's a ridiculous word because it seems more likely that it's not actual burglarization but embezzlement. That missing maple syrup probably never existed anywhere except on paper.

1. wayne 8
        Black Helicopters

Probably was re-hypothecated on a City market multiple times into a trillion looneys of derivatives. JPMorgan's moral equivalent in Canada delivered the physical to some crony from Goldman Sachs, such as John Corzine. Nobody was supposed to go physically there and audit the physical goods.

Trust and don't verify.

5. George of the Jungle
    Happy

Food of the Gods

Pure maple syrup is the food of the gods. We make our own syrup from our trees, but since we only have two trees, we get a quart or two a year at the most. But, we made it ourselves!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Maple syrup crisis

Sticky situation

1. Havin_it
      Boffin

Re: Maple syrup crisis

You are Horatio Caine AICMFP.

7. Homer 1
    Paris Hilton

Pah!

I make my own maple trees from real wood, lovingly carved using time-honoured methods handed down to me by master craftsmen.

8. Anonymous IV

"They took all the syrup and put it in a maple museum"

(apologies to Joni Mitchell)

I wonder how much of the stock of over 4500 metric tonnes of maple syrup the (New England) Maple Syrup Museum in Pittford, Vermont, has in stock? There is also such a museum in Lanark County, Ontario, Canada.

With such riches available, I cannot see why people are complaining about burglarizification.

9. Bob Hoskins
    Mushroom

How? Why?

How do you steal 5000 tons of anything?

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Re: How? Why?

"How do you steal 5000 tons of anything?"

In a very big lorry, or a little bit at a time.

Alternatively, look for the really, really, really fat security guard...

1. Havin_it

Re: How? Why?

Or with a very long straw...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like