back to article UK's pay-by-bonk mobile network threesome wins EU approval

The UK operator consortium to create a single electronic wallet will not impede competition, the EU has decided – though Three, Google and PayPal may beg to differ. The consortium, which notably excludes the UK's smallest network operator, is intended to create a one-stop specification for distributors of electronic currency …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dick Emery
    Thumb Up

I'm OK with this

I'm with Three. I don't want NFC thanks.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Reality check, Dick

Three don't want to stop the adoption of NFC or contactless payments.

They just want to be in on the party.

2. b166er

I don't really understand how it's acceptable for the other networks to continue shitting on Three. Is Three secretly owned by Richard Branson?

3. PassiveSmoking

Am I'm the only one who is getting the distinct impression that the OFT has it in for Three?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What have the OFT got to do with this?

see title

4. Dave 15

a cartel is not going to create a situation where people lose out...

Well, they manage the same thought when the supermarkets are clearly working together.

My advice to 3's MD is to spend more money on the blackmail, back handers and bribes the rest are clearly using.

5. Tom Chiverton 1
    FAIL

"pay-by-bonk point of view this is a good thing"

What ? (at least) two competing standards ? Just pick one and let everyone use it. Less hassle.

6. ad47uk

thankfully i don't think my phone is able to do this pay by bonk stuff, i want to stay as far away from it and NFC for that matter as I can.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Luddite

Are you going to smash up some looms at the weekend as well?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Proximity payments

Yeah, it would be nice if there was just SOME way to get it to work. I don't really care who I'm giving the transaction commission to, I just want them to sort themselves out and switch it on.

Google, why is Wallet not available in the UK?

1. chr0m4t1c

Re: Proximity payments

>Google, why is Wallet not available in the UK?

At a guess it's because the Data Protection act prevents them from just selling all of your information straight on to advertisers.

Sorry, I'm meant "share it with trusted third parties who will only use it to offer services you are likely to be interested in".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like