back to article Thecus chucks 2 new NAS boxes at SOHO punters

Desktop and low-end rackmount NAS boxes keep on getting more powerful and Thecus has just introduced a brace of new ones, together with directly attached storage box that can be daisy-chained to a master unit. The rackmount N4510 and desktop N7510 are both Atom-powered, with 2GB of DDR3 SDRAM, and have 4- and 7-bays …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Danny 14

thecus units were a better option over buffalo tripe. However, if you have an IT department that knows IT then openfiler is an even better option, especially as it supports iSCSI

1. K

spot on..

All these NAS systems are overpriced!

Build your own for the same price and get 2-4 times more powerful..

Personally I brought a mini itx case, whacked in 4x2tb drive, 16gb ram and an i5 cpu, all for less than £500. It is OTT for just a NAS, so i run ESX on it. With a VM for a NAS, another for security, a sandbox for downloading etc.

2. Alister

My experience has been that at the price point the Thecus N8800pro for just less than £2000.00 is cheaper than we could manage building it ourselves.

it comes with 8 x 2TB drives (giving 11TB useable in Raid 5) and supports iSCSI, as well as all the usual protocols.

We use quite a few of them dotted around branch offices for backup storage.

(I am not employed by or otherwise associated with Thecus)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like