back to article CSC pockets £68m in truce over NHS patient database fiasco

CSC and the UK government have reached a truce over the company's central patient database cock-up: both sides have agreed to a more flexible contract until 2016 and to shelve any potential litigation. The corporation and the Department of Health (DoH) have been at the negotiating table for months now over the bungled delivery …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LarsG
    FAIL

Fu*ck up the contract, fail to deliver and get paid. No one had the balls to kick them where they deserve.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bit like the fiasco where Virgin Trains are being kicked out.

Pick the cheapest, wait till they fail, bail them out....

And on and on and on it goes. Politicians have a lot to answer to but maybe they need to get a world class education before they open their mouths or make decisions.

3. Sir Barry
    Thumb Down

I cannot believe that CSC is still in business. With all of the screw ups recently I'm surprised that any company would want to do business with them..

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Having used Lorenzo 4 years ago when i was in the NHS I cant imagine why anyone would have paid anything for it in the first place. It was buggy, slow, difficult to interface into other systems and if I remember rightly required a very specific version of Java to run. But the problem isn't that the project was too large, it was just poorly managed, badly designed and built on technologies which were not suitable. However now telling hospitals to do what they want wont really help either! No one ever heard of standardisation?! The people that made the application and the people who negotiated the contract should be ashamed of themselves.

5. adam payne

Same as always then, mess it up and get paid.

However someone must have been managing this project from the NHS side as well. He/she or them needs to get the boot as well.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like