back to article Gunman takes potshots at Dell HQ, chopper search ensues

Labor Day ended with a bang at the Dell headquarters in Round Rock, Texas, after an unidentified shooter fired a number of rounds though its windows. At least three shots were fired at Building Seven on the Dell campus at 9:30pm on Monday night, with the first floor windows of a breakout room falling victim to some senseless …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tank boy

The NRA called...

No need for gun control in Texas. News like this does not make me proud to be an American.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Deliberate?

Nope he was just a poor shot.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Unhappy Customer?

....perhaps it was Special Agent Stangl unhappy with his Vostro's performance.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cut the shooter some slack...

Maybe Micky Dull took the last Krispy Kreme donut?

4. Mr Temporary Handle

More likely to be Michael Dell expressing his 'displeasure' at someone.

Don't forget, this is the man who tried to run down one of his most senior employee's in the car park mere minutes after he 'tendered his resignation'... erm... I mean momentarily lost control of his vehicle resulting in a near miss involving a former employee.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Tried to run down employee?

Who, where, tell more, provide refrences ...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Election year

You can always tell it's an election year when random assholes from San Francisco start thinking it's appropriate to launch ad homs about those "[backwards fucking Neanderthals from the flyover states]"... like their self righteous shit doesn't stink the same as everyone else's.

<My team> is better than <your team> and you must be an immoral, selfish, backwards, hoodwinked, mental inferior to disagree with my obviously superior choice.

See how easy that is? Now if you'll excuse me I'll go back to my cave to grumble about how all the people who think Team A vs B will actually change anything of consequence are all a bunch of idiots. So there!

...and oh yeah, get off my lawn!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Election year

Er, you think the shooter was Californian?

There was obviously a hell of a lot of subtle subtext in the article that was clear to you which totally went over my head.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"Er, you think the shooter was Californian?"

The author of the article is from San Francisco. Also, for future reference, ad homs are not bullets.

2. The Original Cactus
      Paris Hilton

You can always tell it's election year when somebody will find a donkeys vs elephants angle in anything.

Paris because, well, insert your own 'angle comparison' joke here.

6. attoman

Arrest? Not at all, the shooter was to receive an award

This story is badly misconstrued. Local police were trying to bring the sportsman his award.

Shooting with a pistol while pedaling a bicycle hands free, holding your pistol in a two hand grip and accurately grouping your shots in a pattern on plate glass is one of the most challenging events in the famous Texas Long Hornithon.

A very difficult act to follow though all of our friends in New Zealand and Australia are truly challenged to duplicate the event. We recommend if no Dell building is handy an Apple Store.

Australians may want to fix small explosive charges to their target boomerangs while New Zealanders are free to use suicide Kiwis.

7. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Coat

The state of Texas has announced it has decided to free up the court system

From now on patent disputes will be solved the good old fashioned way, man-to-man.

Icon is Tim Cook reaching for a concealed weapon.

8. hugo tyson
    WTF?

What is a "breakout room" ?

<EOM>

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What is a "breakout room" ?

IIRC, it's the bigger version of a huddle room. It's part of the new corporate architecture... where everyone lower than VP sits in a cube, with varying sized meeting closets (a.k.a. huddle, breakout, etc) replacing where all the manager offices used to be.

I spent 2 months working out of a client's facility that was done this way. It is nice to be able to duck into a quiet, private spot with a closed door to take a call or have a conversation with a few folks - something not usually available to visitors working out of hotel cubes.

1. Matt Piechota

Re: What is a "breakout room" ?

"IIRC, it's the bigger version of a huddle room. It's part of the new corporate architecture... where everyone lower than VP sits in a cube, with varying sized meeting closets (a.k.a. huddle, breakout, etc) replacing where all the manager offices used to be."

In my day, we called them "Conference Rooms". :) Unless you mean they had a table-top version of the arcade classic "Breakout" in there. That'd be awesome.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The 'shooter' could have at least done a better job! I am sure us Brits with our BB guns could show him a thing or two

10. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Perhaps they shouldn't have stopped selling laptops pre-loaded with Linux

Had they kept that going, the shooter wouldn't have had so many windows to shoot at.

11. John A Blackley

Some basics

' Round Rock, which is part of the Texan progressive reservation of Austin'

Hippies are not allowed in Round Rock just as people from Round Rock have to bathe multiple times after visiting Austin. Round Rock people are people obsessed with ticky-tacky little boxes to keep their stuff in and SUVs. Austin people are, by and large, unemployed musicians with some vague idea of what a hippie used to be.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: NOW it's clear

Dell is the problem.

12. Daedalus

Just the facts...

Brits don't get it. Texas is not particularly free and easy with firearms, and used to be one of the more restrictive States when it comes to handguns. As far as "long" firearms are concerned, most States don't bother regulating them at all except for some age limits. For real WGAD shoot them all firearms freedom check out Vermont or New Hampshire, right next to the People's Republic of Massachusetts.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like