back to article Hands on with the HP Envy X2

The tablet plus keyboard combo looks set to be a prominent vehicle in getting Windows 8 into the hands of punters. Along with the new OS comes a slightly different form factor too with 11.6in keyblets from Samsung – its Ativ Smart PCs play this game with Core i5 and Atom CPU options – and HP has its own Atom-powered Envy X2 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Um, guys

Do you really want to be copying Apple so clearly-wedge shape, black island keys in a sunken area, gloss black screen border and all-right after what happened to Samsung? Bold, very bold.

1. Chet Mannly

Re: Um, guys

"copying Apple so clearly-wedge shape, black island keys in a sunken area, gloss black screen border"

1 - It doesn't look like a Macbook Air at all, closer to an Asus Transformer

2 - Island keys were not invented by Apple

3 - what only Apple are allowed to use the colour black now as a border?

Finally this looks like which particular detachable keyboard tablet made by Apple...?

Big time fail fanboi...

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. YP
        Facepalm

Re: Um, guys

Some people,really have got a sense of humour by pass (assuming that is that original was supposed to be funny/ironic )

However:

1. Apple have managed to patent a 'wedge shaped computer' so it breaks their patent (yet again so does my netbook but Asus haven't been used yet

2. I'm surprised Apple haven't tried to patent the 'novel method of providing written communication involving 26 characters and 10 'numbers' and a few squiggles to provide context'

3. Yes, that have patented 'black' particularly when used in polo neck jumpers

2. DrXym

Don't like the connector

That hinge at the back looks really clunky compared to the Transformer's.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Balance too

Joking above aside, that wedge-shaped keyboard looks like a recipe for a touchscreen laptop this far from toppling over.

3. P. Lee

Envy?

Which part of this device is likely to be expensive?

I know that "small & light" is supposed to be really desireable, but I think the public has shown that its nice, but not usually nice enough to warrant the price tag.

If the ipad can pack all it does into that tiny package, doubling up with a keyboard unit should provide scope for lots of cost-savings (not so tiny componants) or lots of extra features/battery life.

Where's my DECT connectivity? Yeah, yeah it probably has skype, but if I'm sitting with my tablet, why get up to answer the landline? I'd have thought that was a no-brainer for a mobile communications device. Mobile phones have a (feeble) excuse in power-saving, but surely tablets don't.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like