back to article Symantec crowdsources buzzword bingo to name product

Symantec has taken to Twitter to offer you the chance to name its next disaster-recovery product, erecting a Surveygizmo quiz to find a name for the software. But before you leap on the quiz to show off your creativity, dispel any dreams you have of naming the product "I'll Be Back" or something similarly evocative, as …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Brian 3
    IT Angle

Damn! I was all set to offer you guys my Global Intelligent Integrated Automated Critical Business IT Recovery solution at a substantial discount. Almost had the right product..

1. Blain Hamon
      Coat

I was planning on announcing my Continuity Recovery Application Business suite for Global IT departments. After all, what GIT doesn't want CRABs?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Opening themselves up for a broadside, aren't they?

Symantec: We are to your computer like unexplained STDs are to your marriage.

Symantec Synthetic Universal Computer Knowledge System.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

Well...

The words "Symantec" and "Disaster Recovery" certain go together, but probably not in the context intended.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

why, oh why?

Surely the folks over at 4chan can get them to name it Marblecake. Now that would be a coup.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Given their crap products don't work...

...And the rate at which they release updates to 'fix' issues how about

Constantly Needs Updating Technology System - or CNUTS

6. Simon B
    FAIL

Just have done and call it shit, like everything else they make. Blunt but true lol

7. JWG

Lazy marketing

As a former Symantec engineer, it looks like marketing has run out of ideas and are hoping one of you will save their bacon... That's how we got Windows 7 instead of some name like "Vista" (oh, yeh, that was winner.)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like