back to article Chemical biz 'Nitro' hackers use Java to coat PCs in poison ivy

The crew behind last year's "Nitro" industrial espionage attacks are among hackers exploiting the two potent Java security vulnerabilities patched this week. The team, which attempted to lift sensitive blueprints from companies by compromising workers' computers, is now using holes in Oracle's software to install Poison Ivy on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Blue eyed boy
    Pint

As communiques in Dutch

> include the exploit script in the body of messages, pose as communiques in Dutch

Java is double Dutch to me so I can see there wouldn't be that much difference.

2. An ominous cow herd

"Bobby-trapped" web page?

Like in "watched over by the Scotland Yard"?

1. frank ly

Re: "Bobby-trapped" web page?

It might be an obscure reference to Bobby Tables. Then again .........

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "watched over by the Scotland Yard"

I think that's more Julian-trapped. :-\

3. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: "Bobby-trapped" web page?

No, as in typo'd by me :(

C.

3. SiempreTuna

All very interesting ..

.. but how do I check if I'm infected and if so, get rid of it (whatever 'it' is)

4. Fatman
    Flame

SSDD

From the article: ....install Poison Ivy on victims' Windows machines.

I am so glad that my employer has gotten itself off that trouble plagued WindblowZE platform, and transitioned to Linux.

While this is a Java vulnerability the end result is that if you are using WindblowZE, you have been had.

I view the use of WindblowZE as the difference between doing oxy-acetylene welding in a concrete building as compared to doing it in a wood frame structure. All it takes is one spark to bring the building down in flames. Now how many times have we seen WindblowZE go up in flames???

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like