back to article Dell 'committed' to AMD despite consumer kit shift to retail

With almost mud-like clarity, Dell has explained the way it's balancing the availability of AMD-based computers between its online, phone and retail sales channels. But one thing it wants us to be certain about is that it remains committed to AMD product lines. A number of stories popped up on the web this morning claiming …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alexander Hanff
    Coat

re: Last 2 Paragraphs

Puhleeeeeese!

This is Intel we are talking about, outdone only by MS and the Content Cartel in the legendary world of anti-trust behaviour.

If there is any leaning from Dell towards Intel you can be damn sure that staff in retail will be leaning exactly the same way. It is more likely that the only reason they have AMD in retail in the first place is to make it -look- like there is nothing dodgy going on.

2. Al Jones

I can't find the Inspiron 531 on Dells site either

Even that option isn't there now, only intel powered Inspiron 530s and 530.

3. Laxman

AMD has lost its edge

Performance wise, Intel has been better than AMD ever since they released the Core2 CPUs. I wouldn't just say aggressive advertising on Intel's part is behind AMDs woes. But , Intel is *much better* than AMD when it comes to advertising.

4. Alan Donaly
    Unhappy

@Laxman

Intel has always been really good at advertising their products it's a huge part of business and needs attention. I don't fault AMD so much for this it's not always obvious what you get out of it, but the benefits are there almost to the point it is more important than a better product. Having said that I despise that about business.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like