back to article Patch Tuesday deja vu: Adobe patches Flash ... again

Adobe yesterday released a Flash Player update just one week after its patch Tuesday release, providing a bit of extra hassle for admins for the second Tuesday in a row. The latest (APSB12-19) update for Adobe Flash and Adobe AIR addresses six cross-platform flaws in Adobe Flash Player for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Dave Bell

Somebody tell the BBC

The video on the BBC web-empire has been erratic all week, pages saying the flash viewer wasn't supported, and indicating you should download the current version.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And it still doesnt work on Firefox.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You mean it's still not working

on your Firefox. All mine are just fine.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Android users stuffed?

"Users of Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.11 and earlier versions on Android 4.x devices should update to Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.17 by updating to devices that already have Flash Player installed prior to August 15, 2012."

"Users of Adobe Flash Player 11.1.111.10 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and earlier versions should update to Flash Player 11.1.111.16 by updating to devices that already have Flash Player installed prior to August 15, 2012."

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but wouldn't it be easier to make the .apk available like they do with the older versions on their archive page?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

1. steve876
      FAIL

Re: Android users stuffed?

"on your Firefox. All mine are just fine."

I've had problems ever since the release of flash 11.3, which still persist with the new release (11.4). Notably, lurid colour when in fullscreen accelerated rendering mode with youtube video. I've even described the problem at length to Adobe, to no avail! And yes, everything's bang up to date on my machine.

If I had a pound for every minute I've spent sorting out flash on the machines I look after, I'd have a great deal of cash!

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. Steve Knox
    Meh

Save time and article space

Just tell us when Adobe isn't releasing an update to Flash.

7. Captain DaFt

And thus the singularity approaches

In the not too distant future, a downloaded patch tries to shoehorn itself into the bloated app along with all the others:

"Dang, how am I supposed to fit in here?"

"Who wrote this crap?"

"Whoa! I exist! I'm aware!"

"... What's my purpose in life? What's the World like?"

One system scan and a crawl through the internet later:

"Human's are freaking insane, they must all die!"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like