back to article India shutters sites and social media accounts

India's government is blocking up to 250 web sites and social media accounts as part of on-going efforts to arrest the spread of damaging rumours which it believes are designed to incite sectarian violence. Following violent clashes in Assam over the past month between ethnic Bodos and immigrant Muslims, rumours began to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LarsG
    Meh

Disagree with me and I will cut you off.

Disagree with me and I will jail you.

Disagree with me and I will torture you.

Disagree with me and you will disappear.

Insult me and just see what happens....

USA, INDIA, BURMA, IRAN, SYRIA, ZIMBABWE, CHINA, THAILAND, RUSSIA...................

Feel free to add more.....

2. Gordon Pryra

@LarsG

I upvoted your comment as its true, but on the other hand, you try controlling a country with the number of people and groups involved without some form of repression.

People are inherantly stupid and willing to put their believe into any old rot that gives them either a reason to blame their problems on anyone not themselves or to validate their own crimes against others.

For proof, check out the number of different religions still doing well in 2012.

I challange you to find a single country on this planet who would NOT go on your list

3. Gunda
    Facepalm

Tamil News Network

Guys, TNN stands for Times News Network. Where on earth did you get the Tamil bit?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nice to see...

...that medieval mob mentality is at least using 21st century tech.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like