back to article Vulture Central logo pops up in prehistoric France

It's with a certain amount of amazement that we're able to announce today that the origins of Vulture Central have been traced back 10,000 years to the eastern French Pyrenees. The precipitous gorges towering over the river Jonte, in the Department of Lozère, host a reintroduced colony of vultures – the majestic beasts which …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JulianB

Ancestors?

Don't worry, even French courts will give little credence to anyone claiming to be an ancestor of the Paleolithic artist. Unless they can demonstrate that they're really, really old.

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Re: Ancestors?

Lester just forgot whether he was coming or going. Travelling back to the paleolithic and back (forward?) in a tardis made entirely of rolled paper tubes will do that.

2. frank ly

Is nothing new?

" ...alongside the ibex and izards ...."

They had alternative stand-up comedians in those days too?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's the Virgin Mary on a world tour after her highly successful appearance on an eBayed taco.

4. MacroRodent
    Happy

A more plausible explanation

It was of course the boys from The Register Special Projects Bureau testing their next project: a time machine.

1. Pen-y-gors

Re: A more plausible explanation

so can they go forward in time and see how the LOHAN problems will be/were solved?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yes, Lester Haines is > 10,000 yrs old

3. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Actually, it was. It was a warning from a future me, who had some issues with his time machine. Fortunately, he/I had seen this warning so he/I had packed the right replacement parts, and he/I then left this message so that he/I would know to pack the parts and leave the message so we wouldn't run afowl [sic] of the universe's self-consistency rules.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What a pile of irreverant twaddle

Who's going to be the first to see the logo in a piece of burnt toast, a slice of bacon or rising damp.

I suggest a prize for whoever sees the logo in a triptych alongside Jesus and John Lennon.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dear Sirs

It has come to our attention, that your logo is infringing on our plantifs artwork. Therefore, on behalf of Ug and Arrg, we are issuing a cease and desist order, demanading payment of £500 and are seeking an order banning you from using this logo in the future.

Although we have no juristiction over you, it doesn't matter as we are lawyers and like to issue these notices in the hope you won't look at your own rights too closely.

Yours

Shotgun, Dribble and Bastard.

1. Severen
      Thumb Up

Re: Dear Sirs

"Hallo, Shotgun, Bastard and Dribble? That's a bit of luck, I've no idea what the f**k I dialled!!" :-)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Thumbs up? Bottom?

Oo-er, missus.

2. DJO Silver badge

£500 plus of course 10,000 years interest at a piffling 0.5% which comes to:

£2,288,693,148,039,947,143,321,053.17

Payment within 21 working days please.

7. FartingHippo

That is uncannily like the El Reg logo. Cool.

8. Steve Knox
    Coat

Meh

I've read that edition. It's just Oog Orlowski moaning about the next tribe over stealing his tribe's idea for "a pointed stick" and Ugg Page claiming that overhunting of wooly mammoths was in no way related to the slightly warmer temperatures.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Meh

It is not the French you should be worrying about....

I would be more worried about a tech monolith patenting it and backdating damages.....

10. Stuart 22
    Mushroom

Not Only, But Also

Errr ... is that a Z80 board schematic to the right?

11. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Headmaster

A lesson in geography, young man? Stand still laddy!

The Pyrénées is a mountainous region distinct from the Massif Central. Lozère clearly is near the latter, not the former.

12. Volker Hett
    Black Helicopters

Ist LOHAN only a decoy

so we won't look after the secret time machine?

Black Helicopters ...

13. LinkOfHyrule
    WTF?

I was always under the impression this was a news website and not some weird cult! That rock vulture thingy and that crisp are probably going to be the starting point for a new book by the bloke who did the The Da Vinci Code! I feel like I have accidentally signed up for a free trial of Scientology (minus the comeback should I fail to upgrade to a pro account) or something by being registered on these forums!

14. Martin Budden Silver badge
    Coat

Pictures, or it didn't happ....oh.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like