back to article Brocade global sales boss exits, leaves soon-to-depart CEO to flog kit

Brocade's global sales boss, Ian Whiting, left in June this year "to pursue other personal and professional interests". This move was slipped out under the radar as part of a Brocade 8-K filing on 4 June, with Whiting's departure date effectively 18 June. Brocade CEO Michael Klayko has been running sales since then – and himself …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"a strategic cul-de-sac"

Well it seems to me that that is a board-level issue, and if high-level staff are setting sail to greener pastures, it is a sign that the board is aggressively divided either over which direction to take (hopeful version), or who to blame (sign-of-doom version).

2. MDebelic
    Happy

CV

I'll volunteer for the job....who can I send my CV to? :)

3. Schmeelster

Clueless, rudderless, aimless, hopeless.............

All in all it seems that Brocade do not seem to know WHAT to do as they are neither growing nor shrinking by whatever metric takes your fancy. Seems similar to Storagtek if I can draw a comparison and their long winded demise; good products but a total failure to push these out to a broader market leading to an eventual acquisition at a relatively low price.

Shame that Mr Mellor seems to operate on a "memory of a goldfish" basis as his last article about this seemed to imply that all was fine in Brocade's garden despite these very high profile departures.

This topic is closed for new posts.