back to article Capita bungs staff £250 if they cheer up, smile for ad snaps

Staff at Capita IT Services are being offered a bit of extra spending money by their employer in the form of a £250 voucher for those snapshots of real colleagues at work. Back in June, the firm told service desk workers based at the office in Ruddington, just south of Nottingham, that it planned to immortalise their faces in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous IV
    Unhappy

Everyone has their price

But £250 seems a bit cheap?

1. Triggerfish

Re: Everyone has their price

£250 is cheap but Its all relative

When you're being paid fuck all it probably seems like a fortune.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We use our promo photos....

...like an A-Z of who has left the company.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Mickey Finn
    Flame

Control Room...

I wonder whether there are any good shots to be had in the "control room" for the London "congestion zone", as they lick the envelopes on the statutory fines they are handing out to people that just want to use THEIR CITY!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Control Room...

Daily Mail much?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@Mickey Finn You are a bit out of date... IBM took this over from Crapita in 2009....

1. Mickey Finn
        Thumb Up

Furrenuff

5. Steve Todd
    FAIL

So what they are actually saying

Is they don't want to pay more than £250 each for the next photos. They are trying to cheap out on them too.

6. The Jase

Win

"the chance to win £250?"

chance to win? So not guaranteed, and only one person gets it.

Yeah, fat chance that.

7. Gray M

Seems to me BOFH has already come up with some t-shirts the budding models could wear.

"Talk to someone who cares"

Go talk to someone who cares"

"Go call someone who gives a s**t"

And who could forget:

"Giving I.T. to you"

"Giving I.T. to you on the desktop"

"Giving I.T. to you from behind" (for those selfless I.T. people who provide support out-of-hours, natch)

8. Pete 2 Silver badge

What you do when the camera's on

> We are looking for natural pictures of real IT Services people – at work, ...

So that would be updating FB, keeping their Linkedin profile polished and pushing out their CVs, then?

9. Aldous
    FAIL

Best Shot Reflecting Our Personality

i thought they already had this one shot ages ago, it even had its own website goat-c or something *nudge nudge*

1. Dave the Cat
      Go

Re: Best Shot Reflecting Our Personality

I thought this one could be a shot of the office staff all standing in a line flipping the bird with both hands in an F.U. style. Would seem to most reflect the way Capita tends to deal with stakeholders, customers and the government once they've got the contract. So hence their "personality" (<Seriously, Capita and "personality" should not be included in the same sentence, they are the epitomy of of the faceless, non-caring, couldn't give a shit about anything except the bottom line corporation.)

1. Dave the Cat
        Stop

Re: Best Shot Reflecting Our Personality

Ah so there's a Capita employee lurking judging by some of the down arrows.....

10. Andus McCoatover
    Windows

Best Shot Reflecting our Capability.

Photo of a turd being polished? Yep, that'll do it.

11. spiny norman

" .... your call is important to us. All our agents are busy taking photos of the office. Please continue to hold .... your call is important to us. All our ....."

12. Rob 21
    Meh

Its a trap

1. Take photos

2. Submit photos to boss

3. Get downsized as you clearly have nothing better to do

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like