back to article Google shifts more of Postini into Apps platform

The days of there being such a thing as a Postini reseller are numbered, as Google has announced yet more integration of the email and archiving group into the Chocolate Factory's Apps package. In a blog posting, Google said that Postini Google Message Security (GMS) and Google Message Discovery (GMD) customers will "gradually …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Postini management console was horrible, but Christ on a bicycle, the Google Apps one is just as bad if not worse.

I didn't mind Postini overall, but since they started to migrate it over its just not the same. Harder to use, and I swear there are things missing.

Poor effort Google.

2. FanMan

Pile of...

Did Google really pay $600M+ for the pile of poo that has been mangling our inbox for the last four years?

3. Alex Rose
    FAIL

Where's the Windows love

Having been forced to move our customers to Postini by the closure of our current mail filtering service I'm astounded by the hatred Google obviously has for all things Windows. Want to sync your directory with Postini rather than mess around with batch jobs and manual processes. Good luck! You either have to use their hosted Directory Sync which uses DSML for some reason (enjoy trying to find out information about DSML on Windows Server 2008) or you can run their Directory Sync service on your server, however it doesn't play nicely with 2008 either. I know 2008 is only 4 years old but surely they could have got it working properly by now?

Or instead of all this messing about what the hell is wrong with LDAP(S)?!?!?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Where's the Windows[/LDAP] love

They weren't invented at the Chocolate Factory?

4. James 100
    FAIL

Be careful what you wish for

My university switched to Microsoft's rival last year, presumably using LDAPS ... all fine until a few weeks ago when the SSL certificates expired, without the new ones being accepted. Result: a nice peaceful day and a bit without receiving a single email - though that's probably not quite how most of the users saw it. With that setup, if the link to your authentication server breaks, the whole thing becomes a paperweight until it's all fixed; at least if the sync agent goes down, it's just *changes* that get delayed, rather than disabling the whole service!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like