back to article AntiLeaks boss: We'll keep pummeling WikiLeaks and Assange

As the nine-day DDoS hammering of WikiLeaks continues, hacking group AntiLeaks, has said that attacks will continue and widen, but have nothing to do with the Trapwire monitoring system the whistle-blowing site has been documenting. In an email conversation with The Register, someone claiming to be the head of the AntiLeaks …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It would be better...

...to just use judicial process to hold Assange accountable for his actions starting in Sweden.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: It would be better...

What actions?

Or don't you believe in innocent until proven guilty.

And it does appear that Sweden does have a different definition of 'rape' to the rest of the world.

1. Ian Michael Gumby
        Boffin

? Innocent until proven guilty? Re: It would be better...

That's a common misconception.

Under the law during the trial you are presumed innocent until the prosecution has met the burden of proof to prove one's guilt.

But Assange fled jurisdiction before he could be formally charged. So there is no presumption of innocence or guilt until he is returned to the jurisdiction so that he can be formally charged and then tried.

As to what Sweden considers 'rape' is up to Sweden. The fact that Assange stands accused and the Swedish prosecutor believes that the evidence is credible, then they have the right under the terms of the EAW to issue the arrest warrant. Rape is one of the 32 specified crimes where the requirement of duopoly is not required.

(That is to say, if Sweden says its a crime, its a crime regardless if its not a crime elsewhere in the EU.)

[Read the EAW and the law]

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

@Ian Michael Gumby - Re: ? Innocent until proven guilty? It would be better...

And US not dictating other countries it's another misconception. You're largely assuming here US has no involvement and no desire to get their hands on JA.

1. Ian Michael Gumby
            Boffin

@AC Re: @Ian Michael Gumby - ? Innocent until proven guilty? It would be better...

I think you give the US too much credit.

Compared to the Mossad and Russians, possibly others, the US is horrible at wet work and at keeping something a secret. They are also horrible at cleaning up after themselves.

But more to the point, this whole side show is all of JA's doing.

In a nutshell, the US released information during Manning's Article 32 hearing which shows JA in communication w Manning as well as allegedly assisting in the crime itself.

Remember that part of Assange's journey to Sweden was to attempt and gain citizenship. In light of the US evidence, JA could still be extradited from Sweden. It would all be above board and legal under international law to extradite JA from Sweden or any other Western country for his actions based on this evidence alone.

(Even Australia would have been happy to hand him over. )

Sorry, but this whole mess in Sweden is a self inflicted wound on the part of Assange.

2. Silent but Deadly

Re: ? Innocent until proven guilty? It would be better...

Except that the warrant is for questioning. There is not even a case for laying charges yet. The warrant has been issued by the equivalent of a police prosecutor, not a judge.

1. Ben Tasker

Except that the warrant is for questioning. There is not even a case for laying charges yet. The warrant has been issued by the equivalent of a police prosecutor, not a judge.

Which might be something to do with the fact that under Swedish law you cannot charge someone until they've been formally questioned. Stop trotting this shit out, it doesn't help your side of the argument at all.

1. Miek
              Linux

Julian Assange asked permission to leave Sweden which was granted by the initial prosecutor. Assange then left the Country and a second prosecutor took the reigns and reinstated the case, issued a European arrest warrant which kind of makes it look like he fled when in fact he was already out of the country when his *new* arrest warrant was issued. Julian Assange did not flee from Sweden.

"Which might be something to do with the fact that under Swedish law you cannot charge someone until they've been formally questioned" -- I'm quite positive that this practice is not confined to Sweden.

1. Ian Michael Gumby
                Mushroom

@Miek Re: ? Innocent until proven guilty? It would be better...

Clearly you choose to ignore the facts which were presented in JA's first appeal against the EAW. The Swedish prosecutor pretty much debunked your views. Not to mention JA's Swedish attorney crumbled under cross by the Prosecution's legal team. He pretty much admitted that he assisted JA by 'running interference' (my term) as JA ducked out of the country.

2. asdf
        Thumb Down

>Or don't you believe in innocent until proven guilty

No no its innocent until broke or in rare cases like this innocent until you piss off senior US administration officials.

3. streaky
        Pirate

"And it does appear that Sweden does have a different definition of 'rape' to the rest of the world"

There is actually one count of what the "rest of the world" calls rape.

Not for nothing but Assange is a rapist and he can avail himself of any English court he likes to sue me if he doesn't agree. Oh wait no he can't.

Right of cross-examination is a bitch isn't it Julian?

4. Scorchio!!
        FAIL

"And it does appear that Sweden does have a different definition of 'rape' to the rest of the world."

Leaving your semen inside of someone who does not want it, but wants the protection of a condom has long been a serious judicial problem in every European country that I can think of, except for the UK, where people still think it is alright. In Germany Nadja Benaissa was lucky to be in receipt of a two year suspended sentence, though she was not charged with rape of course: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10983227

This is a deadly matter, involving playing Russian roulette with hapless victims lives. If Assange had unprotected sex with these women, against their will, then rape is an appropriate charge, though not consistent with the gravity of the crime which is potentially life threatening. Remember, Assange has a record of promiscuity. Read the transcript of his BBC interview with John Humphrys.

1. Ian Michael Gumby
          Angel

@ Scorchio, Re: It would be better...

You wouldn't happen to have a link to that transcript w John Humphrys?

1. Scorchio!!

Re: @ Scorchio, It would be better...

"You wouldn't happen to have a link to that transcript w John Humphrys?"

Hello there my friend; I do have a link, but it is about a hundred miles away from here. I don't know when I can make it to my network, and it is always down when I am away.

Just did a search. In this interview ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9308000/9308216.stm ) he says he is at peace, and some bullshit about loving women. It's quite stomach churning as a whole because the man shows no insight at all.

2. Ian Michael Gumby
          Boffin

@Scorochio... Re: It would be better...

I did a quick google... found the transcript.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9309000/9309320.stm

Granted this was done December 21,2010... but putting this in perspective, based on what we know now...

Assange has damned himself if he ever see's a court room.

His interviews can and will be used against him in a court of law.

5. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

A Swedish friend tells me that you can "sexually assault" a woman in Sweden with gestures and glances so subtle that a degree in Gender Studies would be required to interpret them.

6. TeeCee Gold badge

Definately innocent uintil proven guilty.

The problem here is that the phenomenal effort he's making to ensure that the Swedish prosecutors never get to present their evidence is forcing difficult questions to be asked about his motivation[1].

[1] The tinfoil hatters can fuck off here. It's a heck of a sight easier, if you are the US, to get an extradition on a flimsy premise from the UK than it is from SE.

7. Anonymous Coward
        FAIL

"Or don't you believe in innocent until proven guilty."

Yes, because old Julian is really proving to the world how innocent he must be by claiming politican asylum in a 3rd world country so he can escape justice from one of the most liberal countries in the world.

Call me a cynic , but my money goes on him being as guilty as hell and he knows it which is why he's prepared to go live in some fleepit for the rest of his life. Naturally all his naive lets-stick-it-to-the-man fanbois will shout and curse at anyone who says otherwise about their hero but then we had all the same angelic nonsense spouted about another geek hero Hans Reiser until he led police to the body of his wife he murdered. Suddenly all the fanbois STFU. Perhaps some of them grew up at the same time but I doubt it.

1. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart

Fail, yours, MASSIVE

Yes, because old Julian is really proving to the world how innocent he must be by claiming politican asylum in a 3rd world country so he can escape justice from one of the most liberal countries in the world.

Which liberal country would that be then? Sweden, where Friendship and cooperation between the United States and Sweden is strong and close or the Amerikan Reich where Data intelligence firms proposed a systematic attack against WikiLeaks?

"old Julian" may be a annoying opinionated self-serving philandering egotist, but that does not mean the yanks (or anybody else) aren't out to get him. Congratulations for your 'ad hominem' attack on "old Julian", you may now leave room 101.

1. Scorchio!!
            FAIL

I suggest you read up on the government of Ecuador, including material on the deaths of journalists who expose corruption and nepotism in the government. It is grim reading, and Assange is clearly a friend in need, made of the same material.

1. Local Group
              Holmes

Re: Scorchio!! DDoS attack

"the Ecuadorian attack had been flagged up in advance to German tech site Gulli.com...." would suggest to me this is more an anti-Anon backlash from a German hacker group than the CIA/NSA or even Yank patriots. I can think of a dozen American sites that would have been much more likely to be used to tip-off the attack rather than Gulli.com."

Unless of course, it was the intention of these ex-CIA agents to lead the criminal activity to Germany, and away from the CIA's door where it would be spotted by blood hounds like you. With respect, Scorchio!!, this wasn't a tip-off at all. This was tossing the body out the plane over Germany to throw the criminal hacker justice system off the trail.

Are CIA agents really smart enough to think of an intricate deception like that?

German AntiLeaks hackers targeting the Ecuadorian President when everybody knows that the Pentagon is the most pissed off party.

1. Scorchio!!
                FAIL

"Unless of course, it was the intention of these ex-CIA agents to lead the criminal activity to Germany, and away from the CIA's door where it would be spotted by blood hounds like you. With respect, Scorchio!!, this wasn't a tip-off at all."

Kindly piss off with the misattributions; I did not make the comments that you attribute to me, and you do yourself an injury, that is to say you appear to be more k00ky and more unreliable.

HTH.

1. Local Group
                  Meh

"I took you for your better."

Where's the crime in that?

2. Scorchio!!
            FAIL

"Which liberal country would that be then?"

Not this one; http://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/2010/wha/154504.htm http://www.hrw.org/world-report-2012/world-report-2012-ecuador

Sounds like a haven for pukka journalists, right? Riiiiiiiight. Just the sort of place where one might find a creature like Assange, a self described journalist; his predilection for double standards being a perfect match for Ecuador, including his proposed 'pay wall' for information retrieval, accepting a down payment on his autobiography from his publisher and then withdrawing, his £80,000 'salary', his rage when the Grauniad started publishing information formerly in his clutch only describing the information as 'his property' (I expect the irony has not escaped the security services of the country from whom it was originally stolen), his hypocrisy on the safety of Afghan informants whose data he gave away ( http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/leaked-details-put-informant-lives-in-danger/story-e6frg6so-1225898206990 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/7917955/Wikileaks-Afghanistan-Taliban-hunting-down-informants.html ), and on the story goes...

...until conviction, sentencing and serving the sentence. In a bubbery.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. LarsG
      Meh

DDoS attack?

DDoS attack..... As funded by the USA.

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
        Boffin

Re: DDoS attack?

The line from the article ".....the Ecuadorian attack had been flagged up in advance to German tech site Gulli.com...." would suggest to me this is more an anti-Anon backlash from a German hacker group than the CIA/NSA or even Yank patriots. I can think of a dozen American sites that would have been much more likely to be used to tip-off the attack rather than Gulli.com.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

if people would secure their computers and maintain their networks or get them the hell off the internet. Unplugging all of China and Korea until they fix their APNIC records would be a great start. Take the first 'D' out of DDoS.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Spoken like someone that doesn't like to look to close to home. Any chance of unplugging the US before Korea (which one BTW, there are two you know)?

https://www.symantec.com/threatreport/topic.jsp?id=threat_activity_trends&aid=malicious_activity_by_source

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Oppression

"You can't see Wikileaks because they're bad news. Why they're bad news? Because we said so".

This is basically summing up the actions at hand and I don't think its that hard to find out what's wrong about all this.

I don't care if you're in favour or against Wikileaks. At the very least allow people to make up their own mind about it, this is nothing more than oppression.

3. David Webb

Even if Assange get's asylum there is no way for him to get out of the UK without being arrested short of Ecuador giving him diplomatic immunity and even then the UK government could arrest him as he didn't enter the country with a diplomatic passport so his diplomatic status wouldn't be valid.

So with the fact that he can't leave the country without being arrested for breaching his bail conditions, what does antileaks hope to gain?

1. Scorchio!!

"Even if Assange get's asylum there is no way for him to get out of the UK without being arrested short of Ecuador giving him diplomatic immunity and even then the UK government could arrest him as he didn't enter the country with a diplomatic passport so his diplomatic status wouldn't be valid."

Soon Julie will have to make up his mind, 'Daddy or chips':

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19251943

2. Scorchio!!
      Happy

Here is an update; according to the Today Programme, around 07 .15 this morning, asylum/refugee status cannot be granted to people charged or about to be charged with such crimes as rape, and (IIRC) the Today Programme journalists confirmed that the Swedes have a warrant for his arrest and the charges prepared for their ever loving friend.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@David Webb

There is - it's known as the 'diplomatic bag'.

It need not be a bag, as long as it is labelled as diplomatic baggage, e.g. the Dikko Affair.

1. Scorchio!!
      Angel

Re: @David Webb

"It need not be a bag, as long as it is labelled as diplomatic baggage, e.g. the Dikko Affair."

Indeed! Just picture the progress of the 'diplomatic bag' down Knightsbridge when, suddenly, a terrorist incident, fire or other major disaster occurs, causing traffic to come to a complete standstill. Armed police everywhere, the 'bag' is given priority protection by the British police as a matter of courtesy to our Ecuadorian diplomatic guests.

Suddenly, after two hours the 'bag' trembles and shakes, as its inhabitant realises that it has come to the end of its air supply, and bursts out, gulping air into its lungs; "you're nicked sonny boi". Plus of course the Ecuadorian diplomatic mission would be in delta sierra. That is, of course, if they are sufficiently silly to send a man sized package from out of their embassy, it being that normal diplomatic traffic is far smaller. Especially for low profile diplomatic missions from small countries. To say nothing of modern scanning equipment, which could be deployed in advance of such an attempt, whilst advising the his excellency the Ambassador that we can tell if his staff are trafficking in human bodies.

5. Christopher Edwards

"The system is a conspiracy theorist's wet dream"

Well it isn't a theory is it?

6. Ian Michael Gumby

Two wongs don't make a wright

Sorry for the bad title.

While I think Assange is a total prat, that doesn't mean that a DDoS attack against him or Wikileaks is a good idea.

7. ratfox
    Happy

Curious and impatient to see the reaction of Anonymous

…oh, and of justice systems. DDoS is a crime, amirite?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Curious and impatient to see the reaction of Anonymous

DDoS is a crime.

Catching the people behind it is a matter of priority.

DDoS The FBI = Priority high

DDoS Poodlepower = Priority normal

DDoS Wikileaks = Priority 'come in for you medal'

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
        Big Brother

Could well be some run-of-the-mill Obamites

Really, BLACK POTUS and THE MADAME couldn't hope for a better ally. After all, this is the presidency that "cracks down hard" (to use the usual beloved quasi-nazi term) on whistleblowers and leakers unless the leaks have not been approved beforehand and released with strategic timing.

1. h4rm0ny

Re: Could well be some run-of-the-mill Obamites

Have a downvote for emphasizing the irrelevant factor of Obama's race.

2. Ian Michael Gumby
          WTF?

@Destroy all Monsters...Re: Could well be some run-of-the-mill Obamites

I chose the WTF icon because clearly you don't know much about the current administration's politics here in the US. They are under a lot of scrutiny for all of the 'leaks' occurring in the White House and by its staff.

2. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Boffin

Re: Curious and impatient to see the reaction of Anonymous

The reaction of the Anonyputz skiddies has been delayed by their inability to find a downloadable script for DDoSing a DDoSer. Attacking state or private institutions which have fixed targets is easy, but hitting a moving target which doesn't have a public face is much harder. Once again, the Anons have been caught out by their own tactics.

8. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

ft's

so theres another group of f.ck turd script kiddies at work,cor,exciting,interesting,news,i think not.

why should anyone listen to this bunch of twats anymore than we listen to the twats behind lulzsec etc.

more bored and boring little kiddies with no productive ideas.

bet they still fall over with a well placed baseball bat.

ha ha

tossers

9. John Deeb
    Pirate

it's a trap!

This sounds more like an elaborate move to draw someone out. They need to know who controls the botnets and this is a way to trace it, if you give a predictable target in advance. Just saying... Or perhaps it's just mindless attention seeking. In both cases my advice would be to ignore the taunt.

10. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

The truth never hurt good folk but it always destroys that which requires destruction?

A little something for the grown-ups to know about the likes of a DietPepsi/shill? ........ http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-08-13/15-rules-web-disruption

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Assange can run...

...but not forever. He'll eventually face his accusers in Sweden.

1. Local Group
      Angel

Re: Assange can run...

Maybe he'll eventually face his accusers in Heaven.. But definitely not in Sweden.

2. Scorchio!!

"...but not forever. He'll eventually face his accusers in Sweden."

Indeed. If T-ray scanners can penetrate buildings, diplomatic 'packages' will be no problem, and I fully expect that the UK authorities will have advised the embassy of this. Thus Assange either stays there, or runs the gauntlet, he stays or he goes; it's "Daddy or chips" time, and it would seem that he has already had his chips.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

It's not the Swedish charges that JA is worried about avoiding, that would probably not amount to much. No, it's the giftwrapping and presenting to the US of A afterward for a long holiday with such activities asocmpulsory waterboarding and all week sleepless parties he's concerned with.

He can't answer the one charge without being thrown to the wolves afterward.

1. Scorchio!!
          FAIL

"It's not the Swedish charges that JA is worried about avoiding, that would probably not amount to much. No, it's the giftwrapping and presenting to the US of A afterward for a long holiday"

This is an exquisite specimen of the silliness in the matter; Assange cannot be extradited from Sweden without the prior permission of the country to whom they present the EAW; this was deliberately included in the EU legislation on the matter to prevent just such attempts to sneak suspects out the back door, from a country with supposedly stronger ties to, e.g., the US. However, the UK is more likely to allow the US to take Assange than Sweden is, and the Swedes offered to allow the US case go ahead and have greater priority.

So Assange, if he does go to Sweden, is less likely to end up in the US than if he stays in the UK. To suggest otherwise sounds very lower 6th and immature.

HTH. HAVND

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

However, once the case has been completed, and say he is cleared, can he then be re-arrested (now that it has nothing to do with the EAW as the case is over) and then held for extradition. Pressures on Sweden could be brought I dare say.

2. Ian Michael Gumby
          WTF?

@ AC 13:21 ... Re: Assange can run...

Clearly you haven't been paying attention.

Were Assange to go to Sweden to answer these allegations and subsequently be charged and tried, the US can't touch him until Sweden expels him. And lets be frank... After all of this mess Assange has created, he will be expelled from Sweden at the conclusion. Regardless of the conclusion he will be put on the first flight back home to his native Australia.

We know this because of the following:

1) Assange has made statements to the effect that he wanted to go back to Australia to be with his mum.

2) Assange has made initial steps towards running for a political office in Australia.

The US will do nothing until after the Swedish affair is completed. The US Government is in the process of a court martial of Manning. Based on the initial evidence presented in the Article 32 hearing, Assange was an alleged participant of the theft of information. This is why Assange already has a lawyer who is present at Manning's court case.

Again, there is no credible reason or evidence that the US would act before it had to. In fact the US is in a better position by waiting than by trying to force a political issue.

Happy

Re: @ AC 13:21 ... Assange can run...

".....In fact the US is in a better position by waiting than by trying to force a political issue." Especially during an election year. The Obumbler will not want this taking center-stage and disturbing the Faithful.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Year 2024

The Internet is dead.

Every web server is subject to an active and ongoing DDos buy a competitor.

Only www.men4bronies.com is without challenge.

13. Local Group
    FAIL

Beloved Hacker

If you weren't a believer in the subversion of the Internet before, the antics of AntiLeaks should push you over the line. With a wink and a nod from Washington, this group of ex-CIA agents can, at will, disrupt any website they choose to, including the website of the President of Ecuador. Without so much as a "Sorry" from Mr. Obama or Ms. Clinton.

The pretense of its independence from US agencies is not credible. 'DietPepsi" should have called himself PlausibleDeniability, but couldn't afford to be that honest.

Why did he go public to El Reg, if not to try to convince us that AntiLeaks was operating outside government sanction and approval.

"I want to make it clear to all the conspiracy theorists out there that we have nothing to do with the United States Government or Trapwire," DietPepsi wrote, when questioned on the matter. "We find it quite humorous to read all these Twitter comments from people who suspect us of being NSA/CIA/FBI/or even WikiLeaks themself," and posted a similar statement online the following day."

Well, if you say so, dude.

It is obvious that what Academi, aka Xe, aka Blackwater is to the US Army, so AntiLeaks is to the CIA, DietPepsi's assurances notwithstanding.

1. GitMeMyShootinIrons

Re: Beloved Hacker

Antileaks and similar groups (government/shady organisation backed or truly independent) are an inevitable response to anonymous, Wikileaks and any similar hacktivist type group. You hurt someone, they try to strike back. I'm surprised it took this long.

In their own way they're both wrong - hacking and DDoS or mugging an old lady, raping a Swedish girl are all wrong, regardless of motivation.

Call me old fashioned, but a crime is a crime, as defined by where it's committed. It's sad that the Internet has become as soiled as the real world, with security software firms replacing arms dealers as the only ones who gain - it certainly isn't the man on the street.

1. Elmer Phud

"Call me old fashioned, but a crime is a crime, as defined by where it's committed."

You're old fashioned.

A crime is a crime as defined by those who make the laws.

I'm sure that there are loads of 'crimes' you see as not being either worth of the title 'crime' or are inhumane and thus the criminals are those who pursue the accused.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"Call me old fashioned, but a crime is a crime, as defined by where it's committed."

Call me more old fashioned, but some backward country declaring something a crime is not of any interest. If country X declares witchcraft a crime that doesn't make it so. If country Y declares being a Jew a crime, that doesn't make it so.

Anybody can declare anything a crime. I'll decide for myself if I agree and, in essence, that's what a jury does too.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: Robert Long 1

"Call me more old fashioned, but some backward country declaring something a crime is not of any interest. If country X declares witchcraft a crime that doesn't make it so"

It only matters if you are planning to visit or stay. The law is not a pick and mix stand where you can pick what you want to abide by. It applies to everyone equally within their borders and to ALL visitors to the country, ignorence is no excuse.

You may not agree with them but break the local laws during a visit and you are at risk of arrest, trial, and if found guilty punishment for the offence.

As an example, Kissing your partner in public is perfectly fine in the west but go to Dubai and you can be arrested, convited and end up in jail for it! (yes that has happened!) They have a conservative culture out there and you need to keep that in mind when visiting. Don't like it? Don't go there.

Assange for his part is wanted under Swedish law for alleged offences in Sweden during a stay there. It is up to Sweden to handle this according to their own laws and for their own legal system to resolve. Your agreeing or disagreeing with the law just like my own opinion of it is irrelevent.

As guests in any country we agree to abide by their laws by entering, there is no such thing as "tourist immunity".

3. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Beloved Hackers aint no Crack Coders for Global Operating Devices into APPs

"Antileaks and similar groups (government/shady organisation backed or truly independent) are an inevitable response to anonymous, Wikileaks and any similar hacktivist type group. You hurt someone, they try to strike back. I'm surprised it took this long." ..... GitMeMyShootinIrons Posted Tuesday 14th August 2012 06:33 GMT

I'm not at all surprised it took so long and is so childish and ineffective, GitMeMyShootinIrons. It is pathetic PAR for their natural course of reaction. And they is way out of their depth and comfort zone and can expect to be petrified and even terrified and traumatised by what they will discover and experience ...... which in Creative CyberSpace Command and Control of Computers and Communications Centres of Virtual Operating Systems, is what will be presented to them because of their inherent failings in not being smart enough to realise the future with virtualisation without the stealthy intervention and invisible help of APT Machines with Perfect Being Immaculate Drivers ........ which only need to always strive and decide to ensure are programs for perfection, to be as close to a faultless perfection as is needed, and makes no difference, to succeed with the faults that are invariably always inevitably uncovered in designing and running Applications to Programming for Projects

1. Mystic Megabyte

Too many words

Dear Man from Mars, I have a friend who is a prolific letter writer of the pen and ink variety. He is very artistic and has an unusual handwriting style. His letters contain small doodles and smatterings of other languages. The result is that nobody can understand WTF they are about.

I just thought that I'd share this with you. xx

1. Scorchio!!
            Happy

Re: Too many words

"Dear Man from Mars, I have a friend who is a prolific letter writer of the pen and ink variety. He is very artistic and has an unusual handwriting style. His letters contain small doodles and smatterings of other languages. The result is that nobody can understand WTF they are about."

If you're familiar with Usenet you may remember Archimedes Plutonium and even Hammond, both of whom are reminiscent of this poster. "Mostly harmless"?

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: Too many words

"Mostly harmless"? .... Scorchio!! Posted Tuesday 14th August 2012 10:44 GMT

:-) That is a very nice loaded question, Scorchio!!, which is most certainly so probably most always so perfectly true nearly all the time, apart from those oft occasions whenever needs must deliver a corrective revision.

Whenever things are kept really simple, can too few words also be misunderstood, with a classic being "Control Words Command Worlds" for those into Absolute Power Plays with Great CyberIntelAIgent Gamers ....... SMARTR ARGonauts

14. Andy Gates
    Holmes

Does Trapwire actually work?

Does Trapwire actually work, or is it another bloated sales-pitch like the awesome powers of HBGary? El Reg, please investigate!

15. This post has been deleted by its author

16. g e

How long

Till Anonymous stuff DietPepsi?

And is there a DietShirley ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: How long

NewCoke wouldn't last long.

17. Tony Paulazzo
    Big Brother

"I want to make it clear to all the conspiracy theorists out there that we have nothing to do with the United States Government or Trapwire," DietPepsi wrote

Riiight... thanks for clarifying that to the rest of the world dear non government operative.

As for Julian Assange... I think he might've been better (ie safer) staying in the public eye and going to Sweden. It's just as easy to send a crack CIA assasination guy to Ecuador - and probably a lot less cameras.

18. Wize

Hmm

Aren't they saying something like:

"They are terrorists and we hate the actions of terrorists. So we are stopping them by terrorist actions"

1. Ian Michael Gumby
      Devil

Re: Hmm

Yup, which is why I wrote the post 'Two wongs dont' make a wright'.

That's part of the irony.

The other part is that these guys are saying that they aren't affiliated with the US and yet people now believe that this is a US backed op.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

19. Local Group
    Trollface

"The hacker doth protest too much, methinks."

Aye Madam, he bears furtive fardels, methinks.

20. Local Group
    Devil

Re: @Scorchio!! and the legal theory of Ex Post Fuckto

It's amazing what sexual participants think is important BEFORE the act of coitus and what they suddenly remember AFTER, as they smoke the cigarette representing the final curtain of their hour upon the sheets.

As if these Swedes would be complaining and suing and extraditing if, instead of Julian Assange, their Lothario had been Scorchio McMuffintop.

Our Scorchio's fate hanging by a used and moist condom as Assange's is now?

I don't think so.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

DON'T OPEN THAT PDF!

Why exactly is the "Chemical Industry Council of California" distributing that PDF (http://www.cicc.org/pdf/TRAPWIRE_Whitepaper_generic.pdf)? Who are they and what do they have to do with computer security? That immediately made me reach for my tinfoil hat!

22. tuseroni

tor...

...just saying.

good luck taking wikileaks off tor.

Facepalm

Re: tor...

"....good luck taking wikileaks off tor...." I would wish you good luck using TOR is your defence mechanism. Why do you assume a system that is open and has been known about for years will have escaped the attentions of those you wish to avoid? Anyone can set up a TOR node, and anyone that can manage a little DNS poisoning is going to be able to deflect traffic away from the few TOR nodes you think may be secure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_%28anonymity_network%29#Weaknesses

23. nuked
    Black Helicopters

Why aren't we talking about Tripwire?

24. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yeah, right

The conspiracy theories are laughable. Any excuse to not take personal responsibility will work for the unscrupulous and their supporters.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like