back to article Thrillpower! Tharg releases 2000AD iDevice app

There's a new 2000AD iPad app out right in time for the latest Programme's Wednesday publication date. The app, which also runs on the iPhone and iPod Touch, is free and comes with a gratis 69-page sampler. Like what you see and you can continue buying Progs on a one-off basis for £1.99 a go, or save a bit by taking out a one …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Diziet Sma
    Happy

I've been asking for this for some time....

Either that or they bundle up with comixology (but afaik they don't do subs). Excellent knews indeed now where is my iPad.

2. Ralph 2

Printed code

They need to link this to the printed copy, so you can enter a unique code from that to get the digital version for free. Marvel have been doing this on some comics recently and it's a great idea.

3. dogged

zarjaz

4. Him over there

I think us Android fans need to organise a few Rigelian Hotshots for whomever is responsible for not sanctioning our version.

1. TonkaToys

It'd be great to have digital versions that are available on any platform, it would save no end of space in my house / garage / loft / etc.

I'll check out this clickwheel thingie, but last time I looked that was IOS only too.

+10000000 for a version that comes free with a paper subscription.

5. ukgnome

Hoogie Paloogie

an excuse to buy an iPad, no seriously

I saw a bloke on the train reading a marvel comic on his and I must say it looked awesome.

6. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge
    Coat

2000AD

Isn't that now a bit, well, passé ?

1. FartingHippo

Re: 2000AD

That was brave. Incoming!

2. dogged

No.

In 1999ad, they had a reader vote about what to call the title in the following years.

The overwhelming majority voted to keep it as 2000ad. So they did.

1. Trevor 3

I think the thought at the time was that 2000AD can be any time period up to 2999AD, so they kept the name the same.

Then followed 4 issues of people being worried that even that might not be long enough. We're already up to 2012 FFS

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Zarjaz

How scrotnig, but you've missed your market, iPhone users are Nonscrots and Grexnixes.

Splundig Vur Thrigg

1. Toxteth O'Gravy

Re: Zarjaz

Apart from the Squaxx who posted the story, of course...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Obligatory grumpy old man post

I'd love this, if it were to offer digital versions of the entire back catalogue [as someone above said, it would allow me to clear out a lot of cupboard space]. Unfortunately however, like Dr. Who I was grumbling about yesterday, 2000AD is long past its prime. The artists of today aren't a patch on the ones from the 80s, the story-lines have been made 'kid-safe' and the whole thing [dare I say] dumbed down.

Mine's the one with the back issues featuring classic stories such as Bad Company, Rogue Trooper, Sláine, Strontium Dog, Nemesis the Warlock, etc. etc.

1. JimC

Re: Obligatory grumpy old man post

Are you reading the same comic I am... whereas back in the 80s the comic was kid safe - but with all sorts of sly background black humour the kids wouldn't get - the current one is anything but...

1. Pahhh
        Go

Keep telling me its all good as I've asked a subscription to 2000AD for my birthday.

My younger brother used to get it in the 80s and I used to read his. Absolutely brilliant stuff.

2. The Original Cactus

madra, either you're reading a different comic from me or we have vastly differing tastes. Although I will happily concede that Pat Mills does little more than churn out repetitive tripe these days.

I queried the availability of back issues with Rebellion's PR droid. Although there are no plans to include back issues in the i-thing newstand, five years' worth of digital back issues are available in the online shop at the 2000ad website. I doubt that the entire archive will ever be digitised (except maybe as a fan-project for personal use) but all the classics you cite are part of Rebellion's excellent line of collected volumes.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like