back to article Alleged Anon arrested for planning gov DDoS attacks

Hong Kong police have arrested a 21-year-old man after he apparently bragged on Facebook of his intent to disrupt several government web sites. Local cops are not releasing much information except to say that the man was arrested last Friday and later released on bail, with an order to report back in October. He was cuffed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

I am struggling

to believe that he was other so stupid as to think putting it on facebook was a good idea or that he was THAT naive to believe its not monitored!!!!

Darwin nominee.....

1. Ian Michael Gumby
      Devil

Re: I am struggling

Or he was set up by someone...

2. sisk

Re: I am struggling

Indeed. I facepalmed as soon as I read "after he apparently bragged on Facebook". Some people are just too stupid to live.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What fools

If they are dumb enough to hack and/or to announce their intent to hack, then five years in the slammer is well deserved. They are too stupid to be on the street.

3. Anonymous John
    FAIL

Re claims to be part of the local chapter of hacktivist group Anonymous.

I think he needs to look up "Anonymous" in the dictionary.

4. ukgnome
    Alert

previous Facebook status updates

Hi, my name is David Smith and I am a member of anonymous.

Oops, I mean my name is Mr D smith and I am ...

Ok I think I got this, My mum and dad are mr and mrs smith but my name is mr anonymous of 32 wallaby way, Sidney.

5. Gordon Pryra

Fools pissing of the Chinease Govt

Aye, youth eh?

Thy think they are more clever than old people, nope, its just that older people (the ones who are still alive) are not so dammed stupid.

"hacking" is easy, getting away with it or being a true "anonymouse" is not.

After all, IP is designed in such a way that no matter how much of a l33t hacker you are, there is always a trail that leads to a MAC address that has your mums house number linked to it on some database somewhere.

On top of that, anyone pissing of the Chinease government is going to be dead in about 20 seconds anyway

pass me a new script monkey, this ones broken

1. Anonymous Coward
      Headmaster

Re: Fools pissing of the Chinease Govt

> On top of that, anyone pissing <u>of</u> the <u>Chinease</u> government is going to be dead in about 20 seconds anyway

> pass me a new script monkey, this ones broken

Did that "script monkey" write your spelling/grammar checker per chance?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like