back to article Motorola’s next Razr ‘leaks’ online

Yet another round of Motorola Droid Razr HD prototype-leak rumours has been kicked off by a post to the XDA forums, picked up by Android Headlines. With the phone having passed FCC approvals, it might almost seem that the leaks are a pre-launch marketing campaign by Motorola, with the latest pics showing a 4G logo that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. stucs201

720 pixel screen?

Is that 32*24 or 36*20? I'm not sure either option is a good choice...

1. Steve the Cynic
      Joke

Re: 720 pixel screen?

My very first mobile phone was an Alcatel OneTouch View db, back in 2000. It had a 96 x 64 display(*), so the various (and not all correct: 32x24 is 768 - you meant 30x24) 720-pixel combinations aren't totally out-of-line.

For a 13-year-old phone, that is...

(*) Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_ot_view_db-28.php

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Motorola has always been very good at making their phones look like shit, even before Apple.

That Kevlar pattern looks like another triumph of function over form for Motorola, probably for stiffness since the previous was very bendy.

3. Montreal Sean

Paterned back.

First thing I thought when I saw the patterned back was that it looks familiar.

Then it hit me, that's the same pattern I had as a desktop background on Windows 3.11! Can't remember what the pattern was called though.

1. Ross K Silver badge

Re: Paterned back.

@Montreal Sean:

Blue Lace?

4. Arclight

Papering over the cracks

To me it looks like its a cover film to obscure the look, a bit like they do with prototype cars.

5. CrimsonAvenger

Chav-tastic!

For some reason, this reminds me of all that Burberry rubbish they used to sell to chavs a while back.

6. Tommy Pock

Possible fact

It's the first ever smart phone designed using Minecraft.

7. This post has been deleted by its author

8. ScarabMonkey
    Meh

I thought it was the RBS logo ... one failure joining another?

9. Wang N Staines

Moto designers went to the creative school of Jonathan "Sony-Style" Ive?

10. Maxson
    Thumb Up

I like the back

It looks grippy and easy to hold but then I don't really care what the back of the phone looks like because funnily enough, I'd be looking at the front of it most often.

That said, I won't be replacing my phone for at least another 8 months, so by then it'll probably be painfully obsolete, regardless of how good it is.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Android fans are still arguing over whether the phone will have a 2500 mAh or 3300 mAh battery"

It's always about the important stuff

12. mhenriday
    Boffin

«Unfortunately for Motorola, the phone still appears to be broadly-rectangular [sic !],

a shape which we all now know certain corporate residents of Cupertino invented long before Euclid started fooling with geometry.»

Shouldn't that read ««Unfortunately for Motorola, the phone still appears to be broadly rectangular, a shape which we all now know certain corporate residents of Cupertino invented long before Euclid - and Lucy Haeran Koh - started fooling with geometry» ? After all, credit where credit is due....

Henri

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like