back to article French credit card allows Wikileaks donations

Wikileaks is back in the donation-accepting business and hopes to raise EUR1 million thanks to French credit card system Carte Bleue. The organisation claims to have been financially crippled after a lengthy fight against VISA and Mastercard’s banking blockade. To circumvent the impasse, Julian Assange’s crew has launched a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Scorchio!!

There should be collections for his victims, and Wikileaks should be the largest donor.

1. mhenriday
      Boffin

I'm sure, Scorchio!!, that you meant to say that collections should be taken up

for the victims of the policies - the interminable wars, the coups d'états, etc, etc, that Wikipedia has helped to reveal to the world, the victims of which number in the millions. I expect you will be among the first to contribute....

Henri

1. Scorchio!!
        FAIL

Re: I'm sure, Scorchio!!, that you meant to say that collections should be taken up

Don't put bloody words in my mouth. I was thinking, for example, of the Afghan informants whose location data are in the public domain (thus the Taliban), putting them at risk. I was thinking of Assange's statement in front of witnesses that informants are in it on their own, that they took the risks knowingly. As I think of this I recall the many women murdered ('executed') by these bastards, and not just the recent such incident.

You people are so full of it that you accept this self elected, unscrutinised, unsupervised convict as persil. He is not. As to the women he supposedly raped, I hope that he faces trial and, if guilty, that he does time.

So no, I do not mean to voice the fantasies in your head.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: I'm sure, Scorchio!!, that you meant to say that collections should be taken up

"I was thinking, for example, of the Afghan informants whose location data are in the public domain"

Please kindly post the "location data" of three (or at your choice, more) of those "Afghan informants". Since that information, as you claim, is "in the public domain" it shouldn't take you long. Many thanks.

PS: I am not asking you to prove that anyone in Afghanistan or elsewhere came to any real harm as a direct and verifiable result of the disclosure by Wikileaks and others of certain information against the wishes of some political leaders and organisations. I am only asking that you post those details which you claim are "putting [certain individuals] at risk".

PPS:

"this self elected, unscrutinised, unsupervised convict as persil".

Would that be Mr. Assange? I did not realise that he held public office ("self elected"), that governments, people and the media did not follow his every step ("unscrutinised"), or that he had been convicted (or even formally accused?) of anything. Lastly, what on Earth is "persil"?

I do not know Mr. Assange and I do not have an opinion on him or his actions, and if I did, those would be private. What I do know is that I try hard to respect people in the same way I wish to be respected.

If on the other hand, if you think you can do a better job than Mr. Assange or Wikileaks, please go right ahead and do it--you'll have my unabated support. I won't even criticise you if you make a few mistakes along the way.

1. Scorchio!!
            FAIL

" "I was thinking, for example, of the Afghan informants whose location data are in the public domain"

Please kindly post the "location data" of three (or at your choice, more) of those "Afghan informants". Since that information, as you claim, is "in the public domain" it shouldn't take you long. Many thanks. "

This will have to do: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/leaked-details-put-informant-lives-in-danger/story-e6frg6so-1225898206990

As you can see the story has been in the public domain for a couple of years. I do have some more data at home which I'll try to put up when I finally return.

As far as the meaning 'persil' is concerned, it is a UK household washing powder. Unelected, unappointed and unsupervised; he has taken on a moral position, has nominated himself as a guardian of public morals (whilst clearly not giving a damn about those whose lives his acts threaten, and his witnessed comments posted up by me are a tour de force in arrogance and heartlessness; they chose to be informants, they must run the risk), he is in possession of stolen data that he has released without supervision or any comeback from anyone in the world, except of course for the inevitable legal action that will swallow him up in the longer run.

Assange has been convicted on many counts in Australia. I forget if it is 17 or 25, perhaps someone will give you the enlightenment that you so clearly need; among other things he was convicted of hacking a Pentagon US airforce network and stealing passwords, and even of breaking into the network of the very Australian police force responsible for investigating the Pentagon and other hacks. He was let off a gaol sentence because (IMNSVHO) his sob story appears to have gulled the judge, who warned him that his next conviction would land him a spell inside. These are the best that I am prepared to do, since I have already researched and posted up the data for lazy people who are evidently unable to do so for themselves, and request that others do it for them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Assange#Hacking_and_conviction

http://www.the-two-malcontents.com/2010/12/the-son-assange-fathered-with-a-girl-of-17-as-he-learned-the-dark-arts-of-computer-hacking-in-a-rundown-cottage/

I clearly will be unsurprised if Assange is again convicted, this time for rape. Why is he frightened? Why does he (wrongly) believe that extradition from Sweden to the US is on the cards (actually it will be harder, since the EAW prevents this without the authority of the releasing country, the UK)? I'm fairly certain that he knows that somewhere he has left a thumbprint that proves his guilt, and that he knows for taking on country in what amounts to a warlike manner (stealing classified information) he faces retribution. No surprises there, and I am sure that the Afghan informants whose lives he placed at risk will probably find a sliver of satisfaction if he is convicted. Again.

I will not offer you any more data until I return home in the near future, but it is enough that Assange is a convicted criminal who has released data thus threatening the lives of Afghan informants and, if you cast your eyes around, you will find a wealth of salacious information on his behaviour in respect of women.

2. Scorchio!!

I forgot to include this link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/7917955/Wikileaks-Afghanistan-Taliban-hunting-down-informants.html

Now do GFY. I won't even criticise you if you do it gently.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Take a closer look at Carte Bleu...

... and you may well find that it's actually Visa France.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Take a closer look at Carte Bleu...

Are you sure? Could you please provide a reference?

As far as I'm aware, Carte Bleue (not "Bleu", concordance of gender and number applies to adjectives in French) is an independent company, although they do have a commercial relationship with Visa, as do many other financial entities.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Off topic (ish) but...

... if the US Government can successfully stop 95% of payments to Wikileaks then they could equally easily stop 95% of payments to child pron sites. Draw your own conclusion as to their priorities.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like