back to article OLPC confirms tablet on the way

The One Laptop Per Child project may be about to issue a tender for graphic designers after deciding its next piece of hardware will be a hybrid laptop/tablet “next-level innovation machine.” The organisation behind the green machines unveiled a prototype tablet at CES, after issuing a roadmap way back in 2009 that promised …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pen-y-gors

Naughty!

Are you allowed to use the words 'London' and '2012' in the same article without permission from the Stasi?

2. Martin Brennan

Hasn't this train already left the station. I may be mistaken but didn't Thailand order 800k Android tablets for their students. I can buy a $59 Android tablet today and have it delivered in days. Martin

1. Anonymous Coward 101
      Thumb Down

Yes. The OLPC project was a farce from the start, and these days cheap and effective Android tablets get shat out of Chinese factories like water.

3. Graham Dawson Silver badge

Combines the best of a tablet and laptop? Sounds familiar... oh wait, it could be because that's exactly the device I'm posting from!

Now if only ASUS would get off their butts and release the padfone here.

4. RonWheeler

Relevant?

They're just trying to stay -relevant- (assume annoying wiggly finger speech marks). Laptops aren't faddy enough any more. Nowadays you have to have a swishy swishy finger painting device to be down with the cool kids, oh and err, well educated.

5. Anonymous Coward 15
    Childcatcher

Convertible tablets in the hands of kids

Broken before you can say "Miss, I lost the pen".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like