back to article BSkyB delights City with record profits: Broadband subs pass 4 million

BskyB went in the opposite direction to TalkTalk this morning as it passed the 4 million broadband subscriber barrier for the first time. During the company's final quarter, ended 30 June, BSkyB added 138,000 new home broadband customers to its service, pushing its total user base on that network to 4,001,000. BSkyB has added …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andy ORourke
    Meh

Sky not too bad really....

I mean, I have moved 3 times in the past 6 years, all to fairly large commuter towns and for TV I only had Sky available (I don't really count BT "Vision"), no Virgin TV so no virgin broadband (although that didnt stop them shoving wads of glossy advertising through the letterbox every week!).

Since the Phone / broadband package was cheap I tried it out last move and the service was good, speed was OK, the only bugbear I had was that my works VPN couldnt connect, when I called SKY I was told that I had a consumer broadband product and VPN's were business use.

Not sure if this still stands but it took about 3 minutes on Google to produce a workaround, no big deal.

1. Rob

Re: Sky not too bad really....

Not sure what that was about then, as my Wife's PC connects via VPN for work and we never had an issue setting it up. We are on the MAX package so not sure if it might differ from bundle to bundle.

1. Andy ORourke
        Meh

Re: Sky not too bad really....

Think it might have been the VPN insisting on using a certain port, SKY determining that port was used by VPN and blocking it. The workaround was "enable random port selection" (or something)

When I got a new laptop with different VPN software I had no issues. Like I said, only took 3 minutes to work around

2. chipxtreme
    Thumb Up

Sky are the only supplier who truly doesn't have any limits - no traffic management, no stupid limits on how much you can download. Its no wonder why people are switching to Sky broadband. My only gripe is since switching from O2 to Sky I went from syncing at 15000/1900 to 13800/900, so it is slightly slower but I had no choice O2 had major issues in my exchange which meant on a night I was getting slower than dial up speeds and I was getting nowhere with O2 on when this would be sorted out. But as for there tv service, once my 1/2 price offer ends in November it will be getting switched off.

3. John I'm only dancing

Sky broadband is pants

Well it is in my area, they keep managing my line, squeezing the bandwidth to accommodate more subscribers and my service gets worse and worse, I am complaining to the so and so's every couple of months and they keep telling me it is a problem with my set up. Not true, it hasn't changed ever. Currently undergoing another session of re-profiling with Sky. Only two more months of the cheap deal and then they can pish off!!

1. bluest.one

Re: Sky broadband is pants

are you on The LLU package or the reseller version?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Correction

TalkTalk announced pricing and packages today for YouView, it wasn't launched.

5. DEAD4EVER
    Go

bskyb profit

well done sky is this possible that talk talk customers are moving to sky because of the shoddy service talk talk do maybe also sky have got 4 million customers now you just need another 4 million to whop bt. I been with sky for at least a few years not sure of the figure but its been top notch on the 20 meg unlimited package no problem no disconnects well unless sky were doing maintenance at the exchange but that was fine as it came back on shortly after. I do hope that sky beats bt in terms of the amount of customers and makes major profit so they can invest in customers lines etc.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like