back to article O2 floods London with free Wi-Fi

Undaunted by its recent network outage fall from grace, O2 is now offering Londoners free Wi-Fi access in several of capital's busiest areas including Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus and Regent Street. The network's efforts – as part of a deal with Westminster Council – have resulted in the launch of various free "reliable …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. relpy
    WTF?

Oh No!

Her iPad Shrank!

1. taxman
      Happy

Re: Oh No!

It's really a big bar of chocolate!

1. Chimpofdoom!
        Coat

Re: Oh No!

I thought it was an ice cream sandwich...

2. Peter Galbavy
    Trollface

"Saying that, the network appeared on my Razr Maxx last night while sat in a beer garden in Camden, so the signal either stretches fairly far, or somebody was testing additional areas."

... or you're being scammed

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

D'oh

Beat me to it - fair play sir.

And I shall upvote as a mark of my esteem of your efficiency.

3. JediHomer
    Flame

Please please please...

... say they are doing some sort of MAC address recognition or something... I'm sick of being on buses and losing my mobile internet connection because the device knows I have a _Cloud account and using that... which doesn't connect to anything unless I run a browser and login...

4. teapot9999
    FAIL

What about 3G?

Super, but how about a decent 3G signal anywhere?

5. jonathanb Silver badge

O2 are installing a lot of wifi hotspots in pubs, so you most likely picked up one of them.

6. Jediben
    Pirate

Freetards Ahoy!

I am guessing O2 will be liable for any copyright infringement that occurs on their free access points?

1. Matt Williams
      Mushroom

Re: Freetards Ahoy!

I'm wondering if you can use a VPN service with this wi-fi connection, in which case who cares what you're using their bandwidth for.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Freetards Ahoy!

naa... vpn won't be allowed. any sort of encryption will stop them snooping so can't be allowed.

7. LinkOfHyrule
    Paris Hilton

"This may see amenities post ads to punters in the local area to promote discounted restaurant offers or last minute theatre deals, which might be just the ticket or annoying overkill. Time will tell. ®"

Finally, the Soho 'Tart Card' goes web 2.0!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like