back to article Indian outsourcers Infosys outsource to WISCONSIN

Indian outsourcing company Infosys has set up a new software centre in Wisconsin, and a much bigger one in Bangalore. The new American office will service a Harley Davidson contract and will house 125 staffers in the MidWest. The new Bangalore office will be the base of 1,400 software engineers and developers purported to be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ducatis'r us

typo

Wipro not WinPro I assume?

2. dotdavid
    Joke

Do they have to pretend they're actually in India rather than in the customer's home city?

1. Bakunin
      Coat

It's pretending all the way down ...

"Do they have to pretend they're actually in India rather than in the customer's home city?"

No, they have to pretend to be in India pretending to be in the customers home city.

3. The Man Who Fell To Earth Silver badge
    FAIL

Harley Davidson

Well, I know my next bike won't be a Harley. Even with an Indian outsourcing company humoring a client by setting up a local token office, the dollars spent are still going overseas.

1. Armando 123
      WTF?

Re: Harley Davidson

Um, then what WILL you buy? You do realize that everyone outsources all over, right?

2. Don Jefe

Don't fret. Harley's are pants anyway. I've had two (both pre & post EVO) and both sucked. They were nice & shiny though.

3. Raj
      Thumb Down

Fancy that. When Boeing sells airplanes around the world it's capitalism and free enterprise at work. When an Indian tech co provides services to a US company, it's a negative. Nice double standard there, for all you outsourcing baiters.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Without comment from the tight-lipped partners, none of this can be confirmed."

So we're reporting it anyway, south park reference anyone?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

it'll all end in tears

If InfoShite works as well for those companies as they do for mine, then said companies should be done for in short order... At least these guys don't pretend to be "Bob" or some other westernized name.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Oh, great.

I can understand an Indian accent. But a Wisconsin accent?

1. David Eddleman
      Joke

Re: Oh, great.

Bethany: Were they sent to Hell?

Metatron: Worse. Wisconsin. For the entire span of human history.

*Disclaimer: lived in WI for a year and a half.

7. Wallsy
    Trollface

Indian Density

1,400 staff in a 14,000 sq foot building... that's 10 square feet each. Wouldn't want to work in that office!

8. lambda_beta
    Linux

Staffers and engineers

So let me get this straight. 125 staffers in the MidWest vs. 1,400 software engineers in India.

Go USA!!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like