back to article Next-gen Enyo 2.0 framework rises from ruins of Web OS

Devs at HP's Enyo project – the framework that once powered the applications on HP's discarded WebOS TouchPad tablet – have just released a stable version of the second major iteration, Enyo 2.0. The first iteration of Enyo – Enyo 1.0 – was intended as a platform-independent tool kit and was focused on apps on the Web OS …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Aaron Em

Seems a bit pointless

What's this got that can't be accomplished, in a less heavyweight fashion, with something like jQuery UI?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
        Facepalm

Re: Seems a bit pointless

Yes, because wxWidgets embeds itself so nicely in a web browser.

2. sabroni Silver badge

Re: Seems a bit pointless

It's not really about a lightweight implementation in terms of code, but Enyo does have some interesting aspects. You deal with enyo controls not html controls, you lay components out horizontally and vertically with ratios not percents or pixels and it does some clever stuff with lists that means a list can have hundreds of entries but only a screenful and a bit are in the dom at any point, which can make it pretty snappy on lower end hardware.

I'm not sure where they think the framework is going in terms of support in the industry but I can understand why they didn't want to just chuck it away, there's obviously been a lot of thought put into it by some clever and sensible engineers...

2. UKHobo

December 2013: next crap v1.0 rises from the ashes of enyo v2.0

3. launcap Silver badge
    FAIL

Enyo..

.. is it just me that thought that the article referred to a fairly naff Gallente frigate?

No?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like