back to article LG readies bonkers big telly for sale

Want an 84in (2.1m), 4K x 2K TV? Fly to South Korea next month and join the back of the line. LG today said it was putting just such a 3840 × 2160 beast on sale in its native land, promising to ship the supersize screen, which integrates 2.2-channel audio - toward the end of August. LG 84in LCD UD TV Mind you, you should …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bronek Kozicki

the sad thing is ....

... even you can afford the telly it does not mean you can afford home extension to put it to (upwards of 50k)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ideal bedroom TV

It'd save me wearing my specs in bed at least, but eye surgery is cheaper I guess..

3. Sonny Jim
    Thumb Up

I had a 56" one of these 6 years ago

Google maps looked *the business* on it, no zooming in, it was literally like having a map on the wall:

http://www.thruput.co.uk/products/monitors/56-8-Megapixel-3840x2160-Display

4. Roger Kynaston
    WTF?

how much ..

Juice is that going to need to power it?

5. thefutureboy

Knock down walls?

I know it is 2m wide but it is probably significantly thinner than that...unless you try some kind of Chuckle Brothers stylee comedy attempt to get it through a door. To me, to you etc

6. Trollslayer
    Angel

Permission to drool

I'm going to anyway.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More than 2 metres across? It seems to me that if the woman in front of it lay down she'd be longer than it --- is she massive?

1. samlebon23
      Happy

I asked LG about the woman, they told me she's 6'5".

2. Chris Miller

2.1m at 16:9 equates to a height of just over 1m. Even allowing for the bezel, I don't think it would be too difficult to get through a typical doorway.

1. Darryl

It's not like people move larger, similarly shaped objects into their homes all of the time... Beds come to mind.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

2.1m Diagonally, not across...

for 14K does it come with the Korean girl to lay in front of it? If so I'll grab my cheque book!

1. Scorchio!!
      Thumb Up

It looks like a BOGOFF to me. :p

9. Captain Scarlet Silver badge
    Pint

Ohh

Do we get the business executive lady with the TV?

10. Alan 6

How heavy is it? I imagine it'll need a pretty sturdy wall to hang it off

11. Graysonn

it's not that great..

what? No 3D?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: it's not that great..

" It'll do 3D at full HD too" RTFA

1. Jedit Silver badge
        FAIL

"RTFA"

He didn't even need to be able to read. The placard across the top of the TV that has a huge and obvious "3D" logo on it.

12. Nick Ryan Silver badge

Oddly, £14k seems like a not-too unreasonable price for something this insane. It wasn't too long ago that much lesser tech was about the same price.

Will be hard to justify buying, let alone finding space for the screen, girders to help it frustrate gravity and the lounger for the girl.

13. DEAD4EVER

bonkers tv

wow that's one big flaming TV yikes going over 50 inch would be stupid unless you live in a mansion then fair enough but not for a normal size home jeese if you had this size tv in a normal home you would have to extend you house out over lol to fit it in lol.

14. Why Not?
    Boffin

it might be a challenge getting it through the door.

You never know they may have outsourced the packing to HP.

If they are true to form the TV in packing will be the size of a battleship.

Anyway a 7 foot diagonal tv will fit nicely on my wall. Bring it on, now if only I was a disguised employee sorry contractor paid by the civil service I could afford it. Or if I were an MP I could claim it on expenses, cheaper than draining the moat!

Boys it is 84" diagonally, the nice lady is normal size, stop drooling at the talent look at the screen!

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

i already have one

Now when can I get that TV?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like