back to article Satin PS3 to launch in Japan

Sony has announced it will make a satin silver 40GB PS3 available only in Japan, to accompany the black and ceramic white versions already available over there. The Satin Silver Sony Playstation 3 will go on sale on 6 March for ¥39,800 ($362 or about £185). Click for full-size version Potentially problematic with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian

Hahaha

£185 vs. £299 UK price.

Nice markup!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Don't forget the VAT

£185 + 17.5% VAT = £217. So, still a mark-up of £82, but not as bad a headline as the £114 it looks like without the VAT included.

3. Jon Green
    Thumb Down

*Shrug*

What's the big deal? It's just another case colour, on a console with a hard disk so small it's hard to source them any more, and which is over 50% more expensive in the UK anyway.

4. Eponymous Cowherd
    Paris Hilton

Wow!

Look at the controller.

Its generation-before-last retro design really enhances the whole ensemble.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

moan moan moan

Go and compare car prices, stereo prices, christ the price of anything between here and abroad and it's just the same. What's wrong, you on the dole or something? Maybe you should move abroad if you can't get a job good enough to buy a bloody games console!

Also, there's sod all wrong with that controller. You want a wacky designed chunky unwieldy piece of crap, go buy an XPox or a Wii (no scratch that, just an XPox, the Wii stuff's good). There's no reason to change the controller as it's worked perfectly for years. I for one am incredibly glad they've not changed the shape. Perhaps you'd like a square steering wheel for your car?

The colour? Well, they're only doing what they've been doing with stereos and TVs for years. One minute everything black, then everything's silver. At least now there's a choice.

6. Stuart
    Paris Hilton

Re: Wow!

C'mon, the PS controller is a design that should not be messed with. It is an ergonomic joy. Compare with the MonStrosity that comes with the X-Box and the TV remote (Lite) that you have on the Wiiiiiiiiiii, I know which one sits comfiest when you're settling in for a prolonged FIFA-fest.

Paris? Another model with retro looks but new vibration functions.

7. Steve Rowsell
    Flame

Re: moan moan moan

Ahhh diddums. Your favourite console still not selling? Its' manufacturer coming up with increasingly desperate ideas to appeal to consumers? What next? Go-faster stripes? Pleease !

I take it that by saying 'XPox', you mean the successful games console with a greater market share, better take-up rate, better selection of games and superior online gaming.

Which pretty much makes the PS3, the overpriced, bulky black/satin/white elephant of an excuse to get a foothold in the Blu-Ray market.

Incidentally, I can afford a PS3. I just don't want one.

If I had one as a gift, I'd sell it and buy games for my successful console. My Xbox 360.

I'd rather play games on my console than stand around boasting 'Ooooh, I can afford a PS3' - only for people to point out that its little more than a glorified DVD player.

You paid money for that and STILL want to shout it from the rooftops? I'm beginning to see Sony's marketing masterplan unfolding - 'Sell to fanboys with more money than sense'.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: moan moan moan

Steve Rowsell: So happy with his 360 that instead of playing it, he adds derisory comments to www.reghardware.co.uk about it's rival.

This topic is closed for new posts.