back to article Fresh shift of 'nauts comes aboard space station from Soyuz podule

The latest shift of 'nauts has successfully boarded the International Space Station for their stint of orbital duty, arriving at the sky-high outpost last night (UK time) aboard a Soyuz TMA-05M spacecraft sent up from Russia. Soyuz spacecraft launches from Baikonur. Credit: NASA Off to work, heigh ho NASA astronaut Sunita …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Christoph

"Dragon flights of the future are going to be more exciting than missions by the aged, workaday, Cold-War-era Soyuz"

Exciting is for new explorations. For regular servicing you want reliable above all else. Which until Dragon is thoroughly proved means Soyuz.

1. Ru
      Trollface

Quite.

Participating in an exciting launch sounds a little like living in interesting times.

1. David Given
        Mushroom

Re: Quite.

Participating in an exciting launch sounds more like *not* living in interesting times...

2. ravenviz Silver badge
    Coat

'Japanese spaceman'

Nipponaut?

1. Asiren
      WTF?

Re: 'Japanese spaceman'

"Sailor of Nippon"??

2. Andus McCoatover
      Joke

Thought it was getting cold..Detected a Nip in the air.

3. Dave the Cat

Ok so who had the sense of humor failure?

3. Gene Cash Silver badge
    Happy

Yuri Malenchenko

He's been on MIR as well as 3 ISS flights and 4 spacewalks! Dude needs to stop hogging the spacecraft and give someone else a chance!

1. Arthur 1

Re: Yuri Malenchenko

I think Sergei Krikalov and Michael Foale are both still active, and those two have probably been up more times than everyone else combined.

4. Gene Cash Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Apollo Soyuz Test Project

Oh yeah, and the ISS/Soyuz docking occurred on the 37th anniversary of the Apollo/Soyuz docking for ASTP, which was the first US/Russian space cooperation of any kind.

5. Dodgy Geezer Silver badge
    Coat

Surely someone will offer the Chinese a seat....?

...and then we can have Astronauts, Cosmonauts AND Taikonauts in the same vehicle!

I'll get my coat...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like