back to article VMware CEO exile rumour: Not a punishment for Maritz

VMware boss Paul Maritz is rumoured to be exiting his virtualisation software powerhouse - and could be replaced by Pat Gelsinger, the head of storage products at parent company EMC. You'd be forgiven for thinking this is a shock move, yet simple facts and observations from our sources point to this being a management tweak …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. IGnatius T Foobar

VMware shouldn't be in the applications business. They ought to ditch the SpringSource and Zimbra albatrosses and instead work with ISV's to make it easy to deploy virtual appliances to VMware. Administrators of vCenter clusters and clouds should be able to visit an "app[liance] store" and deploy new appliances with one click.

Yes, I know they have an appliance marketplace but the experience is not seamless enough. It should be integrated into vCenter and all of the deployment details should be handled transparently and automatically by the infrastructure.

2. Alan_Peery
    Boffin

It's not just HyperV competing

See also:

Redhat EV3 http://www.redhat.com/products/virtualization/

Citrix XenServer

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

It's Maritz, gits; mind the little bitz

don't be a ditz.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: It's Maritz, gits; mind the little bitz

Some weird auto-correct maybe. Article duly corrected.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Go

Re: It's Maritz, gits; mind the little bitz

Thanks for the blitzed editz! Sorry for the hissy fitz.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another correction..

Four years ago, VMware did not miss their quarterly target. They missed the target that Wall Street analysts expected them to hit; VMware did not set a "target".

The company stock was then thrown into a downward valuation spiral because of panic sellers who'd bought into the hype created by the same analysts and the bounce back has just been a "reality check" as the market recovered from the above mentioned spiral: nothing to do with Paul Maritz or his leadership.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I love VMware....You are a tool.

I always get a kick when I see co-workers with those, "I love VMware" stickers. I feel like saying, that's so sad. Lest anyone think VMware and EMC are not one company, think again. NetApp should beware. Although NTAPs days are limited by there own laziness and architecture. Viva La OpenStack, KVM & OpenShift. Even hyper-v is more open the VMware. CSCO you are not any better. You have all been warned. - The Dude.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like