back to article Google boss Larry Page debugged, voice still not fixed

Google's CEO Larry Page is back at work after being laid low for a few weeks by an undisclosed illness or bug that caused him to lose his voice. The search giant's chairman Eric Schmidt told reporters on Thursday that Page had returned to Google at the start of this week. "He's still recovering. Larry is doing much better," …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TeeCee Gold badge

"..... bug that caused him to lose his voice."

Is it the same bug that affects Android voice prompts over Bluetooth?

One day somebody will produce a Phone OS that can download official update patches for stupidities like this, rather than leaving the user hoping against hope that a) it'll be fixed in the next full release and b) that release will be made available to their device. I'd buy it.

Until then, rooting and applying some charitable hacker's patch will have to do.

2. AndrueC Silver badge
    Happy

It could be. The same bug afflicts Google Navigator on my HTC Desire. Luckily most of what that daft nasal-sounding bint has to say can be ignored but it'd be nice not to have to turn the music down to hear her.

Make a U Tuuuuuuuuurn!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"At the traffic circle, go straight on"

LOL...

2. Jordan Davenport

I had an interesting glitch in Google Maps Navigation last week while testing it driving to a known location, which I presume was caused by not updating the variable's contents which stores the next directions to read aloud. Every time it spoke the directions, I was told to "Turn right onto <repeated street name here>". even in the middle of a bridge over the Ohio River.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Am I so evil, because...

Am I so evil, because I wish this would happen to a plethora of other tech leaders, beginning with:

* Steve Ballmer

* Larry Ellison

* Anybody from SCO

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

CEO Sneezes

Is going to be the next news item?

5. Rodrigo Valenzuela

Maybe Google is going for the same strategy used by Teddy Roosevelt ar the beggining of 20th century: speak softly and carry a big stick.

R

6. Neil Anderson
    Meh

Maybe his mute button accidentally got pressed?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like