back to article Online retail drives card fraud in Oz

OK, so nobody uses cheques any more: as a result, fraud based on the venerable paper slip with a signature is now well-and-truly eclipsed by online credit card fraud, according to the Australian Payments Clearing Association. The APCA has released its latest survey of payment fraud, in which it reports that “card not present …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. flibbertigibbet

Surely we will get rid of CNP transactions one day?

With most cards being smartcards now, surely one day the vendors will insist they can actually talk to the card even during an online transaction. It's not exactly rocket science.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bollocks!

Australian card service providers will never shut the gate on online fraud while they are allowed to screw merchants who fall through the gaping holes in CNP security for bulk $$$ in chargeback fees.

Their SOP is " Fuck the merchant every time we can bend him over!"

3. Palebushman
    Flame

Bollocks!

"Bollocks!"

How delightful, such an exquisite and colourful term of phrase AC, but alas there is not a lot one can do.

Fraud, corruption, racketeering, price-fixing and anything else, that makes us Aussie folk suffer, is down

right obscene! But what can be done with the culprits?

Shoot them = Loose your freedom. Vote for them = Loose direction. Complain = Become a target.

BUGGA!! Where's my slpiff-n-VB?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bollocks!

> Shoot them = Loose your freedom.

Shoot them with what? A shanghai? We're a disarmed population.

> Vote for them = Loose direction.

The only guarantee is that whoever you vote for, you will be worse off than you were with previous bastard.

> Complain = Become a target.

Big Brother IS watching - and he's planning his revenge.

> BUGGA!! Where's my slpiff-n-VB?

VB is "naturally filtered" - i.e., XXXX naturally filtered through the kidneys.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like