back to article 'Ed must go' – pundits round on Ofcom chief after failed Beeb DG bid

For months Ofcom chief Ed Richards was the bookies' favourite to run the BBC, but he hasn't got the job he craved. As decision day approached, the prospect of Richards running the BBC sent the Daily Mail newspaper, which had campaigned hard against him, into near meltdown. But now Richards returns to a job which requires him …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Captain TickTock
    Coat

Eds will roll...

(mines the one with the TV license reminder in the pocket)

2. proto-robbie
    Pint

So,

the Mail hates him, and Murdoch, and he's down on the Beeb. Can £380,000 be enough consolation for the poor chap? There's always drink.

/sigh

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Time for a cull

Well, gettting rid of Blair's "gizzajob" mates has to be a good thing, and hopefully any clear out of the steaming ordure in the Augean stables of OFCOM will also involve Collette Bowe sliding off a shovel, ideally with all the other rent-a-non-exec types.

4. Asiren
    Trollface

Surely he's the best for the job now?

Everyone hates him, so he's got no reason to pull any punches!

Or is that what the Me-dia is complaining about?

5. Jeebus

Anything to damage the Murdoch empire gets a thumbs up from me, shame they haven't being more affirmative in their actions against news corp, and I would 100% support and condone those actions if they ever did.

It is good news big business cannot just buy its way to dominance over the people.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like