back to article Carphone Warehouse boss shuffles off the net

Dough-faced Carphone Warehouse chief and Daily Mail director Charles Dunstone has decided to keep his thoughts to himself from now on - he's deleted his blog from the TalkTalk website. Blogging got marketing wonks very excited a couple of years ago, when the strategy boutique convinced them it heralded a new paradigm of " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pete James

Paul is dead

Good. It was shit.

I have aparticular hatred of people who say that blogs shouldn't be allowed or look down their noses at them. You know, cretinous halfwits like Neilson and the like with their elitist bollocks. Then you see stuff like Dunstone's bilge and realise that their reasoning suddenly looks a lot stronger.......

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Argh

His final entry ended with "it is finished, it is finished, IT IS THE MERCY", followed by a loud splash and then silence.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

I'd like to shuffle ON to the net

But half the time I can't, because I've got TalkTalk broadband.

4. Oz
    Dead Vulture

Re: I'd like to shuffle ON to the net

My girlfriend will sympathise with you, Evil Graham. She has exactly the same problem, and once she's got on the net, she's shuffled off again in about 10 minutes. It's utter cr*p, and yet I still get the door-to-door salesmen trying to flog the damn service.

5. Tawakalna
    Stop

as a former employee..

..of said Mr Dunstone, I used to have to go to get shouted at almost every day despite being at the other end of the building. How can I describe the man? a bullying equine posterior comes to mind.

I recall quite well the origins of the "free" broadband offer - it was never intended to be "free" but merely a tempting offer to get lots of people to sign up. Dunstone, despite his many personal failings, is not a fool and he knew full well that TT could never fulfill the promise it had made, but that didn't matter - once signed up for the phone service, he had the punters for a year before they could quit. When yours truly expressed moral qualms at such cynical behaviour, I was warned that I was being *negative* and to shut up, by Dunstone and his yes-sir-no-sir-three-bags-full drones.

Still, he's *marginally* less obnoxious than John Cauldwell of Phones4U.

6. Solomon Grundy

Executive Blogs

are stupid. Exec's should never be allowed to cry their hearts out to the public. Everything needs that proper marketing-spin, otherwise competitors/analysts will think they are soft.

7. Norman
    Coat

CW/TT/AOL

Having bought AOL and them now transferring everything from AOL to CW, he must have been afraid - very afraid!!

8. Chad H.
    Happy

Now if only we could get the rest of that company to shuffle off...

As a former Blackberry firstline tech for a major Telco, the number of Carphone Warehouse customers that called me up asking why their blackberry doesnt work (Because Carphone warehouse didnt add the blackberry feature onto the account, thats an extra £5 or £10 per month please! What, not only didnt the Salesbloke not add it on, he didnt even mention it? Go winge to them, not me.), amoungst other lies they've made in the past.... I hope to high heaven that company gets whats coming to it.

9. Tezfair
    Joke

Actually the reason the blogging has stopped....

...is because he's either busy trying to find a geezer to offload all the unsold iphones, or he's just busy offering extended warranty with a customer.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like