back to article Trio of 'nauts plonk down after six-month space station stint

Three International Space Station crew members have returned to Earth after more than six months aboard the orbiting platform. A Soyuz TMA-03M carrying Expedition 31 commander Oleg Kononenko, NASA's Don Pettit and the European Space Agency's Andre Kuipers touched down in the steppes of Kazakhstan at 0814 GMT on Sunday. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They look really kanckered!

What falls off the spacecraft 22 seconds in to the video, before they go into the cloud?

Looking at the state of the crew, do you really think you could go the Mars and back?

2. my_handle

Optional

Kononenko didn't look well at all. I wonder if it was a heavier landing than normal? Or is this just a normal effect of returning to gravity after 6 months off? The guy looked in serious pain being taken out.

All reports talk of a smooth landing though.

3. Neil Barnes Silver badge
    Black Helicopters

Smoother landing than the Chinese last week...

perhaps... but the retros fire just as late and we can't see if it tumbled in the dust cloud - though I suspect not from the tensions on the lines of the parachute.

Wonder what the actual landing vertical speed is? On an emergency chute for people, it's recommended to be under 4.5m/s though of course these guys are a lot better strapped in.

4. Graham Marsden
    Boffin

Recycled urine?

Because (almost*) all the water on Earth hasn't been through a set of kidneys in the past...

*For the pedants

5. bugalugs

Jellyfish action of the chute

might have had something to do with the green-ness about the gills...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like